History – March 2014.
General & comparative
- The look of the past: visual and material evidence in historical practice / Ludmilla Jordanova.
- Visualizing beauty: gender and ideology in modern East Asia / edited by Aida Yuen Wong.
- A brief history of Chinese and Japanese civilizations [4th edition] / Conrad Schirokauer … [et al.].
- Decolonisation: the British experience since 1945 [2nd edition] / Nicholas J. White.
- History on film/film on history [2nd edition] / Robert A. Rosenstone [also available as an e-book]
- Revisionist histories / Marnie Hughes-Warrington.
- Invoking slavery in the eighteenth-century British imagination / edited by Srividhya Swaminathan and Adam R. Beach.
- Global intellectual history / edited by Samuel Moyn & Andrew Sartori.
- Cultural encounters between East and West, 1453-1699 / edited by Matthew Birchwood and Matthew Dimmock
- The history of Somalia / Raphael Chijioke Njoku.
China & Tibet
- Annotated sources of Ming history, including Southern Ming and works on neighbouring lands, 1368-1661 / Wolfgang Franke
- China since 1949 / Linda Benson. [2nd edition]
- A history of modern Tibet. Volume 3: The storm clouds descend, 1955-1957 / Melvyn C. Goldstein
- White Lotus rebels and south China pirates: crisis and reform in the Qing empire / Wensheng Wang.
- Emperor Huizong / Patricia Buckley Ebrey.
Near & Middle East
- The Armenian genocide: evidence from the German Foreign Office Archives, 1915-1916 / compiled and edited by Wolfgang Gust.
- Artisans and travel in the Ottoman Empire: employment and mobility in the early modern era / Suraiya Faroqhi.
- Alexandria: the last nights of Cleopatra / Peter Stothard
- Sacred landscape in medieval Afghanistan: revisiting the Faḍa’il-i Balkh / by Arezou Azad.
- Persian Service: the BBC and British interests in Iran / by Annabelle Sreberney and Massoumeh Torfeh
- The Baha’is of Iran: socio-historical studies / edited by Dominic Parviz Brookshaw and Seena B. Fazel.
- Metallic modern: everyday machines in colonial Sri Lanka / Nira Wickramasinghe
- From Little London to Little Bengal: religion, print, and modernity in early British India, 1793-1835 / Daniel E. White.
- Becoming imperial citizens: Indians in the late-Victorian Empire / Sukanya Banerjee.
- The past before us: historical traditions of early north India / Romila Thapar.
- Pakistan: dimensions of history / edited by Syed Jaffar Ahmed.
- The North-West Frontier (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) : essays in history / Sultan-i-Rome
- A monograph on Sindh: through the centuries / by Muhammad Ali Shaikh.
- What is historical sociology? / Richard Lachmann.
- The long 1968: revisions and new perspectives / edited by Daniel J. Sherman, Ruud van Dijk, Jasmine Alinder, and A. Aneesh.
- Edo culture: daily life and diversions in urban Japan, 1600-1868 / Nishiyama Matsunosuke ; translated and edited by Gerald Groemer.
- Colonising Egypt / Timothy Mitchell