South Asia – March 2014
- Conflict and Peacebuilding in Sri Lanka : Caught in the Peace Trap? / Goodhand, Jonathan, Spencer, Jonathan & Korf, Benedikt
- South Asia Across the Disciplines : Document Raj : Writing and Scribes in Early Colonial South India / Raman, Bhavani
- Islamic Civilization in South Asia : A History of Muslim Power and Presence in the Indian Subcontinent / Avari, Burjor
- Everyday ethnicity in Sri Lanka : up-country Tamil identity politics / Daniel Bass.
- Feeding India: livelihoods, entitlements and capabilities / Bill Pritchard … [et al.].
- Reflections on a heritage : historical scholarship on premodern Sri Lanka / edited by R. A. L. H. Gunawardana, S. Pathmanathan, M. Rohanadeera.
- Bombay before Bollywood : film city fantasies / Rosie Thomas.
- Pelagic passageways : the northern Bay of Bengal before colonialism / edited by Rila Mukherjee.
- Fiction, film, and Indian popular cinema : Salman Rushdie’s novels and the cinematic imagination / Florian Stadtler.
- Narmadāparikramā – circumambulation of the Narmadā River : on the tradition of a unique Hindu pilgrimage / by Jürgen Neuss.
- Novelist Tagore : gender and modernity in selected texts / Radha Chakravarty.
- Kingship in Kasmir (AD 1148-1459) : with an annotated translation, indexes and maps / from the pen of Jonaraja, Court Pandit to Sultan Zayn al-Abidin ; critically edited by Walter Slaje.
- Age of entanglement : German and Indian intellectuals across empire / Kris Manjapra.
- Transcultural encounters between Germany and India : kindred spirits in the 19th and 20th centuries / edited by Joanne Miyang Cho, Eric Kurlander, and Douglas T McGetchin.
- Capital : a portrait of twenty-first century Delhi / by Rana Dasgupta.
AgriculturearchaeologyBay of BengalBengali AuthorsCivil War – Sri LankaCommerceCriticism and interpretationDelhi – Economic conditionsDelhi – Social Life and customsEast India CompanyEthnic Identityethnic relationsFood SecurityFood SupplyGermany – Relations – IndiaGovernment PolicyHindu pilgrims and pilgrimagesHistoryHuman rightsIdentity politicsIndiaIndia – German relationsIndia – Intellectual lifeIndia – Learning and scholarship 19th and 20th centuryIslam – IndiaKashmirLiteratureMalaiyaha TamilMotion picturesNarmada River (India)navigationOrientalism – Germany – HistoryPolitical ViolencePolitics and governmentPovertyRabindranath TagoreRecords and correspondenceReligious life and customsSalman RushdieScribes – IndiaSri LankaTamil diasporaTamil languageTamil Nadutrade routesWriting