New Acquisitions for SOAS Library: Middle East and Central Asia (October 2019)
This is a selection of titles received by the Library and recently added to our Middle Eastern and Central Asian collections.
Ancient Near Eastern Studies
- Gilgamesh : The Life of a Poem [ebook] / Michael Schmidt.
- Prince of the Orient: Ancient Near Eastern Studies in memory of H.I. Prince Takahito Mikasa / edited by Ichiro Nakata.
- The first Great Powers: Babylon and Assyria / Arthur Cotterel.
Central Asian Studies
- A history of the Tajiks: Iranians of the East / Richard Foltz.
- Contemporary Kazakh literature. Poetry.
- Contemporary Kazakh literature. Prose.
- Russia & Eurasia / Brent Hierman.
- Britain & Islam [ebook] / Martin Pugh.
- The idea of European Islam: religion, ethics, politics and perpetual modernity / Mohammed Hashas.
- The idea of European Islam: religion, ethics, politics and perpetual modernity [ebook] / Mohammed Hashas.
- Theological rationalism in medieval Islam : new sources and perspectives / edited by Lukas Muehlethaler and Gregor Schwarb in cooperation with Sabine Schmidtke.
Middle Eastern Studies
- Arabic literature for the classroom: teaching methods, theories, themes and texts [ebook] / edited by Muhsin J. al-Musawi.
- Armenia and Azerbaijan: anatomy of a rivalry / Laurence Broers.
- How information warfare shaped the Arab Spring : the politics of narrative in Egypt and Tunisia / Nathaniel Greenberg.
- Human rights, Iranian migrants, and state media: from media portrayal to civil reality [ebook] / by Shabnam Moinipour.
- Iran’s quiet revolution: the downfall of the Pahlavi state [ebook] / Ali Mirsepassi.
- Nicosia beyond barriers: voices from a divided city / edited by Alev Adil, Aydin Mehmet Ali, Bahriye Kemal, Maria Petrides.
- Sport, politics, and society in the Middle East / Danyel Reiche, Tamir Sorek (eds).
- The excellence of the Arabs / by Ibn Qutaybah ; translated by Sarah Bowen Savant and Peter Webb; foreword by Jack Weatherford ; volume editor, Michael Cooperson.
- The life and legend of the Sultan Saladin / Jonathan Phillips.
- The War between the Turks and the Persians: conflict and religion in the Safavid and Ottoman worlds / Giovanni-Tommaso Minadoi
- Velvet: a novel / Huzama Habayeb
The Library wants to hear from you
We welcome feedback on the collection and recommendations for acquiring printed and electronic books, DVDs, CDs and other resources that can support your learning and research at SOAS.
You can submit your recommendations by completing this form or contacting the SOAS librarians. Your Librarian for the Middle East and Central Asia is Carlos Leo Roca, email: email@example.com.