Africa – December 2013 to July 2015.
Business & Industry
Film & Media
- Identity in postmillennial German film narratives on Africa / Shikuku Emmanuel Tsikhungu.
- Images of Africa : Creation, negotiation and subversion / Julia Gallagher.
- Through African eyes / editors, Mahen Bonetti and Prerana Reddy.
Politics and governance
- Africa and the new world era : from humanitarianism to a strategic view / edited by Jack Mangala.
- Authoritarian origins of democratic party systems in Africa / Rachel Beatty Riedl. [on order]
- Democracy in Africa : successes, failures, and the struggle for political reform / by Nic Cheeseman.
- Real governance and practical norms in sub-Saharan Africa : the game of rules / edited by Tom de Herdt and Jean-Pierre Olivier de Sardan.
- Pentecostalism in Africa. Presence and impact of pneumatic Christianity in postcolonial societies. Martin Lindhardt.
Democratic Republic of the Congo
- African and American : West Africans in post-civil rights America / Marilyn Halter and Violet Showers Johnson.
- Freedom time : Negritude, decolonization, and the future of the world / Gary Wilder.
- The slave ship : a human history / Marcus Rediker
- Song of the shank : a novel / Jeffery Renard Allen.
- The two princes of Calabar : an eighteenth-century Atlantic odyssey / Randy J. Sparks.
- Between bombs and good intentions : the Red Cross and the Italo-Ethiopian War, 1935-1936 / Rainer Baudendistel.
- Emperor Haile Selassie / Bereket Habte Selassie.
- Ethiopian theatre : ideas on modernity and nation building / Zerihun Birehanu Sira.
- The evangelical movement in Ethiopia : resistance and resilience / Tibebe Eshete.
- Health system, sickness, and social suffering in Mekelle (Tigray-Ethiopia) / edited by Pino Schirripa.
- Made in Africa : Industrial policy in Ethiopia / Arkebe Oqubay
- A political history of the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (1975-1991) : revolt, ideology and mobilisation in Ethiopia / Aregawi Berhe.
- The life and times of Lïj Iyasu of Ethiopia : new insights / edited by Éloi Ficquet and Wolbert G.C. Smidt.
- Understanding contemporary Ethiopia / edited by Gérard Prunier and Éloi Ficquet. [on order]
- African re-creation of western impressions : a focus on the Kenyan film / Rachael Diang’a.
- Indian doctors in Kenya, 1890-1940 : the forgotten history / Anna Greenwood and Harshad Topiwala.
- Chasu : kamusi ya Chasu-Kiingereza-Kiswahili = Chasu-English-Swahili dictionary / Abel Y. Mreta.
- Kimatengo-Wörterbuch / P. Johannes Häflinger.
- Sawabantu : eine vergleichende Untersuchung der Küstensprachen Kameruns (Bantu A.20 und A.30) / Carl Ebobissé.
- The Swahili people and their language / Dainess M. Maganda and Lioba M. Moshi [Also available as an e-book from ebrary]
- The ethnographic state : France and the invention of Moroccan Islam / Edmund Burke III
- Moroccan feminist discourses / Fatima Sadiqi.
- Deeper Life : the extraordinary growth of the Deeper Life Bible Church / Alan Isaacson ; with a foreword by W.F. Kumuyi.
- Nigerian Pentecostalism / Nimi Wariboko.
- Religion, history, and politics in Nigeria : essays in honor of Ogbu U. Kalu / edited by Chima J. Korieh and G. Ugo Nwokeji ; foreword by Obioma Nnaemeka. [on order]
- The spiritual highway : religious world making in megacity Lagos / photographs by Akintunde Akinleye ; curated by Marloes Janson
- Evaluating Transitional Justice Accountability and Peacebuilding in Post-conflict Sierra Leone / Kirsten Ainley, Rebekka Friedman, Chris Mahony (eds). [on order]
- Multilingual universities in South Africa : reflecting society in higher education / Edited by Liesel Hibbert and Christa van der Walt.
- Performing migrancy and mobility in Africa : cape of flows / edited by Mark Fleishman.
Sudan and South Sudan
- Elections in a hybrid regime : revisiting the 2011 Ugandan polls / Sandrine Perrot, Sabiti Makara, Jérôme Lafargue et Marie-Aude Fouéré (éds)
- Museveni’s Uganda : paradoxes of power in a hybrid regime / Aili Mari Tripp.
- From camp to city : refugee camps of the western Sahara / edited by Manuel Herz in cooperation with ETH Studio Basel.
- The ideal refugees : gender, Islam, and the Sahrawi politics of survival / Elena Fiddian-Qasmiyeh.
- Perspectives on Western Sahara : myths, nationalisms, and geopolitics / edited by Anouar Boukhars and Jacques Roussellier.
- Western Sahara : war, nationalism, and conflict irresolution / Stephen Zunes and Jacob Mundy. [also available as an e-book from ebrary]