History – June and July 2015
Comparative & Thematic
- The material of world history / edited by Tina Mai Chen and David S. Churchill
- The Oxford handbook of environmental history / edited by Andrew C. Isenberg
- The great sea: a human history of the Mediterranean [updated edition] / David Abulafia.
- Empire by treaty: negotiating European expansion, 1600-1900 / edited by Saliha Belmessous.
- The pursuit of history: aims, methods and new directions in the study of history [6th edition] / John Tosh. [also available as an e-book]
- Empires and encounters: 1350-1750 / edited by Wolfgang Reinhard.
- Du Congo belge à la République du Congo, 1955-1965 / Michel Dumoulin … [et al.] (dir.)
- L’Afrique belge aux XIXe et XXe siècles : nouvelles recherches et perspectives en histoire coloniale / Patricia van Schuylenbergh, Catherine Lanneau et Pierre-Luc Plasman (dir.)
- The imperialism of French decolonization: French policy and the Anglo-American response in Tunisia and Morocco / Ryo Ikeda.
- Britain, Northern Rhodesia and the First World War: forgotten colonial crisis / Edmund James Yorke, Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, UK.
- Mélanges Jean-Pierre Mahé / édités par Aram Mardirossian, Agnès Ouzounian, Constantin Zuckerman.
- The Sasanian world through Georgian eyes: the Iranian Commonwealth in Late Antique Georgian literature / by Stephen H. Rapp Jr.
China and Tibet
Near and Middle East
- The Arab lands under Ottoman rule, 1516-1800 / by Jane Hathaway
- The woman who read too much: a novel / Bahiyyih Nakhjavani
- Churchill and the Islamic world: Orientalism, empire and diplomacy in the Middle East / Warren Dockter
- Artamonoff: picturing Byzantine Istanbul, 1930-1947 / edited by Günder Varinlioğlu
- La frontière méditerranéenne du XVe au XVIIe siècle : échanges, circulations et affrontements / textes réunis et édités par Albrecht Fuess et Bernard Heyberger
- Byzantium and the Crusades [2nd edition] / Jonathan Harris
- The archaeology of Sasanian politics / Richard Payne
- Holy war and rapprochement: Studies in the relations between the Mamluk Sultanate and the Mongol Ilkhanate (1260-1335) / Reuven Amitai.
Oceania & Pacific Islands
- Race and power in British India: Anglo-Indians, class and identity in the nineteenth century / Valerie Anderson
- Does environmental history matter? : shikar, subsistence, sustenance, and the sciences / edited by Ranjan Chakrabarti
- Symbols of authority in medieval Islam: history, religion and Muslim legitimacy in the Delhi Sultanate / Blain H. Auer
- Destiny: the life of Prince Diponegoro of Yogyakarta, 1785-1855 / Peter Carey
- Radicals: resistance and protest in colonial Malaya / Syed Muhd Khairudin Aljunied
- The pursuit of history: aims, methods and new directions in the study of history [6th edition] / John Tosh. [also available in print]
- Europe and the maritime world: [electronic resource] a twentieth-century history / Michael B. Miller, University of Miami
- Muslims and Crusaders: Christianity’s wars in the Middle East, 1095-1382, from the Islamic sources./ Niall Christie [also available in print]
- The Great Seljuk Empire / A. C. S. Peacock
- Essaying the past [electronic resource] : how to read, write, and think about history / Jim Cullen. [2ND edn]
academic writingadministrative historyAfrica (Central)Africa (North)Africa (South)ancient historyAnglo-Indiansanti-imperialist movementsantiquitiesArab countriesarchaeologyarchitecture (Byzantine)ArmeniansbiographyBoundariesByzantine EmpireCaucasusCentral AsiaChristianityCivil War (1960-1965)civilizationcolonies (Belgian)colonies (British)colonies (European)colonies (French)colonies (legal aspects)colonies (Spanish)commoditiescomparative historical studiesCongo (Democratic Republic)Crusadescultural historyDawsoneradecolonizationDelhi SultanateDipanegara (1785-1855)Diplomatic Historydocumentary sourcese-booksebraryeconomic historyenvironmental historyEnvironmental policyenvironmental scienceEuropeexhibition cataloguesexplorationfictional biographygender studiesGeorgia (Republic)Georgian language (texts)Georgian literatureglobal historyhagiographyhistorical fictionhistorical materialismhistorical methodologyhistoriographyhistory (12th century)history (13th century)history (14th century)history (15th century)history (16th century)history (17th century)history (18th century)history (19th century)history (20th century)history (multi-period)human ecologyIlkhanid dynastyimperialismimperialism (Belgian)imperialism (British)imperialism (British). colonies (British)Imperialism (European)imperialism (French)imperialism (Islamic)imperialism (Spanish)IndiaIndigenous peoplesIndonesiainter-faith relationsIntercultural communicationintercultural relationsInternational RelationsIranIslamIslamic countriesIslamic EmpireIstanbulJava War (1825-1830)jihadkings and rulerskingshipLate AntiquityMalaysiaMamelukesmedieval historyMediterranean regionmerchant marineMiddle Eastmilitary historyMinhāj Sirāj Jūzjānīmodern historyMongol EmpireMoroccoNicholas Artamoff (1908-1989)Northern RhodesiaOceaniaOrientalismOttoman EmpirePacific IslandsPacific Oceanphilosophy of historyphotography (Istanbul)political historyQurrat al-ʻAyn (1818-1852)SassanidsSeljuksShams Sirāj ʻAfīfshippingsocial historyterritorial expansionTibettrade and commercetreaty-makingTunisiaTurkeyWinston Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)women and literaturewomen poetsWorld War 1 (1914-1918)ZambiaZ̤iyāʼ al-Dīn Baranī