History – June and July 2015
Comparative & Thematic
- The material of world history / edited by Tina Mai Chen and David S. Churchill
- The Oxford handbook of environmental history / edited by Andrew C. Isenberg
- The great sea: a human history of the Mediterranean [updated edition] / David Abulafia.
- Empire by treaty: negotiating European expansion, 1600-1900 / edited by Saliha Belmessous.
- The pursuit of history: aims, methods and new directions in the study of history [6th edition] / John Tosh. [also available as an e-book]
- Empires and encounters: 1350-1750 / edited by Wolfgang Reinhard.
- Du Congo belge à la République du Congo, 1955-1965 / Michel Dumoulin … [et al.] (dir.)
- L’Afrique belge aux XIXe et XXe siècles : nouvelles recherches et perspectives en histoire coloniale / Patricia van Schuylenbergh, Catherine Lanneau et Pierre-Luc Plasman (dir.)
- The imperialism of French decolonization: French policy and the Anglo-American response in Tunisia and Morocco / Ryo Ikeda.
- Britain, Northern Rhodesia and the First World War: forgotten colonial crisis / Edmund James Yorke, Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, UK.
- Mélanges Jean-Pierre Mahé / édités par Aram Mardirossian, Agnès Ouzounian, Constantin Zuckerman.
- The Sasanian world through Georgian eyes: the Iranian Commonwealth in Late Antique Georgian literature / by Stephen H. Rapp Jr.
China and Tibet
Near and Middle East
- The Arab lands under Ottoman rule, 1516-1800 / by Jane Hathaway
- The woman who read too much: a novel / Bahiyyih Nakhjavani
- Churchill and the Islamic world: Orientalism, empire and diplomacy in the Middle East / Warren Dockter
- Artamonoff: picturing Byzantine Istanbul, 1930-1947 / edited by Günder Varinlioğlu
- La frontière méditerranéenne du XVe au XVIIe siècle : échanges, circulations et affrontements / textes réunis et édités par Albrecht Fuess et Bernard Heyberger
- Byzantium and the Crusades [2nd edition] / Jonathan Harris
- The archaeology of Sasanian politics / Richard Payne
- Holy war and rapprochement: Studies in the relations between the Mamluk Sultanate and the Mongol Ilkhanate (1260-1335) / Reuven Amitai.
Oceania & Pacific Islands
- Race and power in British India: Anglo-Indians, class and identity in the nineteenth century / Valerie Anderson
- Does environmental history matter? : shikar, subsistence, sustenance, and the sciences / edited by Ranjan Chakrabarti
- Symbols of authority in medieval Islam: history, religion and Muslim legitimacy in the Delhi Sultanate / Blain H. Auer
- Destiny: the life of Prince Diponegoro of Yogyakarta, 1785-1855 / Peter Carey
- Radicals: resistance and protest in colonial Malaya / Syed Muhd Khairudin Aljunied
- The pursuit of history: aims, methods and new directions in the study of history [6th edition] / John Tosh. [also available in print]
- Europe and the maritime world: [electronic resource] a twentieth-century history / Michael B. Miller, University of Miami
- Muslims and Crusaders: Christianity’s wars in the Middle East, 1095-1382, from the Islamic sources./ Niall Christie [also available in print]
- The Great Seljuk Empire / A. C. S. Peacock
- Essaying the past [electronic resource] : how to read, write, and think about history / Jim Cullen. [2ND edn]