Religions – February 2015
Comparative and thematic studies
- Death and the Afterlife / edited by Jacob Neusner. –
- Cannibal metaphysics: for a post-structural anthropology / Eduardo Viveiros de Castro translated and edited by Peter Skafish –
- The postsocialist religious question: faith and power in Central Asia and East-Central Europe / Chris Hann and the Civil Religion Group –
- The hip hop and religion reader / edited by Monica R. Miller and Anthony B. Pinn
- The schismatic Buddhism in India: ideology and genesis (upto [sic] 13th century) / editor, Sanjib Kumar Das
- The birth of the Buddha: proceedings of the seminar held in Lumbini, Nepal, October 2004 / edited by Christoph Cueppers, Max Deeg and Hubert Durt
- A catalogue of the Comparative Kangyur (Bkaʼ-ʼgyur dpe bsdur ma) / Paul G. Hackett
- Buddhism: an introduction / Alexander Wynne.
- Japanese Buddhist pilgrimage / Michael Pye
Christianity (Western and Eastern)
- Nineveh and its remains: the gripping journals of the man who discovered the buried Assyrian cities / Austen Henry Layard. [reprint of work originally published in 1849]
- Christianity in Roman Africa : the development of its practices and beliefs / J. Patout Burns, Jr. & Robin M. Jensen ; in collaboration with Graeme W. Clarke, Susan T. Stevens, William Tabbernee, Maureen A. Tilley.
- Earthly mission: the Catholic Church and world development / Robert Calderisi.
- Rites and rituals of the Christian East : proceedings of the Fourth International Congress of the Society of Oriental Liturgy, Lebanon, 10-15 July 2012 / edited by Bert Groen, Danial Galadza, Nina Glibetic and Gabriel Radle
- La dialogue islamo-chrétien en Centrafrique / Justin Ndéma
- Les trois étapes de la vie spirituelle chez les pères syriaques : Jean le Solitaire, Isaac de Ninive et Joseph Hazzaya : source, doctrine et influence / Sameer Maroki préface de Mariette Canévet
- Communication and conversion in northern Cameroon: the Dii people and Norwegian missionaries, 1934-1960 / by Tomas Sundnes Drønen [also available as an e-book]
- After Nicholas: self-realization of the Japanese Orthodox Church, 1912-1956 / Ilya Kharin
- The sacred text: excavating the texts, exploring the interpretations, and engaging the theologies of the Christian scriptures / edited by Michael Bird, Michael Pahl
- Sent forth: African missionary work in the west / Harvey C. Kwiyani.
- Forbidden oracles? : The Gospel of the Lots of Mary / AnneMarie Luijendijk.
- Was Hinduism invented? : Britons, Indians, and colonial construction of religion / Brian K. Pennington
- Dreams and visions in the world of Islam: a history of Muslim dreaming and foreknowing / Elizabeth Sirriyeh. –
- La dialogue islamo-chrétien en Centrafrique / Justin Ndéma –
- The philosophy of ecstasy: Rumi and the sufi tradition / edited by Leonard Lewisohn –
- The anthropology of Islam reader / edited by Jens Kreinath –
- Lawā’iḥ: a treatise on Ṣūfism (1906) / by Nūr-ud-Dīn ‘Abd-ur-Raḥmān Jāmī (facsimile of an old MS) with a translation by E.H. Whinfield and Mīrzā Muḥammad Ḳazvīnī and a preface on the influence of Greek philosophy upon Ṣūfism
- After secularism: rethinking religion in global politics / Erin K. Wilson –
- Contemporary Confucian political philosophy: toward progressive Confucianism / Stephen C. Angle –
- Communication and conversion in northern Cameroon: the Dii people and Norwegian missionaries, 1934-1960 / by Tomas Sundnes Drønen [also available in print]
Africa (North)African American religionafterlifeancient historyanthropology of religionanthropology of religionsArchbishop of Japan (1836-1912)AssyriaAssyrian Church of the EastAusten Henry Layard (1817-1894)Biblical interpretationBuddhas in artBuddhismBuddhism (India)Buddhism (Japan)Buddhism (Tibet)Buddhist ArtBuddhist textsCameroonCentral African RepublicCentral AsiaChaldean ChristiansChristian literatureChristianityChristianity (Africa)Church Fatherschurch historycolonies (British)comparative religious studiesConfucianismCongressesCoptic ChurchDawsoneraDeath (religious aspects)diaspora (African)Dii peopledivinationdreams (religious aspects)e-booksEarly ChurchEastern Orthodox ChurchEurasiaexegesisGautama BuddhaGospel of the Lots of MaryHinduism (India)Hip-hophistory (20th century)history of religionhistory of religionshttp://library.soas.ac.uk/Record/b2128749imperialism (British)interfaith dialogueinterfaith relationsIraq (antiquities)Iraq (archaeology)Isaac of NinevehIslamIslamic sociologyJainismJalāl al-Dīn Rūmī (1207-1273)JapanJausep HazzayaJohn of ApameaKanjur languageliturgy (Christian)liturgy (Eastern Church)Ma̲snavī.methodology (anthropological)Mevleviyehmissionariesmissionaries (African)missionaries (Norwegian)missionaries (RussianMissionsmissions (African)missions (Norwegian)missions (Russian)Nihon Harisutosu SeikyōkaiNikolaiNinevehoccultism (Christian)occultism (religious aspects)oraclesOriental Orthodox ChurchPersian PoetryPhilosophy (Buddhist)philosophy of religionPhilosophy of religionspilgrimage (Buddhist)pilgrims (Buddhist)political sciencepost-structuralismreligion and culturereligion and developmentReligion and globalizationreligion and musicreligion and politicsreligion and statereligious customsRoman Catholic churchRusskai︠a︡ pravoslavnai︠a︡ t︠s︡erkovʹsacred texts (Christian)secularismsociology of religionspirituality (Christian)Sufi poetrySufismSyriac Churchvisions (religious aspects)Yezidis