Ancient Near East, Semitics And Judaica – December 2014 and January 2015
Ancient Near Eastern Civilizations
- Poetic heroes: literary commemorations of warriors and warrior culture in the early Biblical world / Mark S. Smith.
- Proceedings of the Eighth International Congress of Hittitology : Warsaw, 5-9 September 2011 / edited by Piotr Taracha with the assistance of Magdalena Kepelus.
- Entre les fleuves – II : D’Assur à Mari et au-delà / [edited by] Nele Ziegler and Eva Cancik-Kirschbaum
- The sacrificial economy: assessors, contractors, and thieves in the management of sacrificial sheep at the Eanna Temple of Uruk (ca. 625-520 B.C.) / by Michael Kozuh
- Children in the ancient Near Eastern household / Kristine Henriksen Garroway.
- Melothesia in Babylonia: medicine, magic, and astrology in the ancient Near East / by Markham J. Geller.
- Sargonic cuneiform tablets in the Real Academia de la Historia : The Carl L. Lippmann Collection / Manuel Molina, with the collaboration of Maria Elena Milone and Ekaterina Markina.
- Singing for Inanna / by Jenny Lewis and Adnan Al-Sayegh
- Transformation of a goddess: Ishtar – Astarte – Aphrodite / edited by David T. Sugimoto.
- An Akkadian handbook: helps, paradigms, glossary, logograms, and sign list [2nd edn.] / Douglas B. Miller and R. Mark Shipp.
- History of the cuneiform lexical tradition / Niek Veldhuis.
- Cuneiform spotlight of the Neo- and Middle-Assyrian signs / Norbert Gottstein and Strahil V. Panayotov.
- Dreaming in Byzantium and beyond / edited by Christine Angelidi and George T. Calofonos
- Negotiating co-existence: communities, cultures and convivencia in Byzantine society / Barbara Crostini, Sergio La Porta (eds.).
- Gold coin and small change: monetary circulation in fifth-seventh century Byzantine Palestine / Gabriela I. Bijovsky.
- The Islamic-Byzantine frontier: interaction and exchange among Muslim and Christian communities / A. Asa Eger.
Hebrew and other Semitic languages
- A Coptic handbook of ritual power / M. Choat; I. Gardner.
- Erets-Yiśraʼel bi-meḳorot ʻArviyim mi-yeme ha-benayim, 634-1517 : asupat targumim / tirgem me-ʻArvit ṿe-hosif mavo ṿe-heʻarot, Uri Ṭal.
- Judeo-Arabic literature in Tunisia, 1850-1950 / Yosef Tobi and Tsivia Tobi
- Jewish Spain: a Mediterranean memory / Tabea Alexa Linhard.
- A legacy of learning: essays in honor of Jacob Neusner / edited by Alan J. Avery-Peck, Bruce Chilton, William Scott Green, and Gary G. Porton.
- Zodiac calendars in the Dead Sea scrolls and their reception: ancient astronomy and astrology in early Judaism / by Helen R. Jacobus.
- Migrating tales: the Talmud’s narratives and their historical context / Richard Kalmin
- Imagining the other and constructing Israelite identity in the early Second Temple period / edited by Ehud Ben Zvi and Diana V. Edelman.
Modern Israeli and Palestinian Studies
- The politics of loss and trauma in contemporary Israeli cinema / Raz Yosef
- Poetic trespass: writing between Hebrew and Arabic in Israel/Palestine / Lital Levy.
- Israel-Palestine in the news media: contending discourses / Luke Peterson.
- An ideological death: suicide in Israeli literature / Rachel S. Harris.
- An unpromising land: Jewish migration to Palestine in the early twentieth century / Gur Alroey.
- In Ramallah, running / Guy Mannes-Abbott ; [introduction, Jean Fisher ; editors, Guy Mannes-Abbott and Samar Martha ; contributors, Jananne al-Ani … et al. ; co-producers, ArtSchool Palestine, Sharjah Art Foundation].
- Civil-military relations in Israel: essays in honor of Stuart A. Cohen / edited by Elisheva Rosman-Stollman and Aharon Kampinsky.
- The woman from Tantoura / Radwa Ashour ; translated by Kay Heikkinen.
- Yitzhak Rabin: a political biography / by Leslie Derfler.