Ancient Near East, Semitics And Judaica – December 2014 and January 2015
Ancient Near Eastern Civilizations
- Poetic heroes: literary commemorations of warriors and warrior culture in the early Biblical world / Mark S. Smith.
- Proceedings of the Eighth International Congress of Hittitology : Warsaw, 5-9 September 2011 / edited by Piotr Taracha with the assistance of Magdalena Kepelus.
- Entre les fleuves – II : D’Assur à Mari et au-delà / [edited by] Nele Ziegler and Eva Cancik-Kirschbaum
- The sacrificial economy: assessors, contractors, and thieves in the management of sacrificial sheep at the Eanna Temple of Uruk (ca. 625-520 B.C.) / by Michael Kozuh
- Children in the ancient Near Eastern household / Kristine Henriksen Garroway.
- Melothesia in Babylonia: medicine, magic, and astrology in the ancient Near East / by Markham J. Geller.
- Sargonic cuneiform tablets in the Real Academia de la Historia : The Carl L. Lippmann Collection / Manuel Molina, with the collaboration of Maria Elena Milone and Ekaterina Markina.
- Singing for Inanna / by Jenny Lewis and Adnan Al-Sayegh
- Transformation of a goddess: Ishtar – Astarte – Aphrodite / edited by David T. Sugimoto.
- An Akkadian handbook: helps, paradigms, glossary, logograms, and sign list [2nd edn.] / Douglas B. Miller and R. Mark Shipp.
- History of the cuneiform lexical tradition / Niek Veldhuis.
- Cuneiform spotlight of the Neo- and Middle-Assyrian signs / Norbert Gottstein and Strahil V. Panayotov.
- Dreaming in Byzantium and beyond / edited by Christine Angelidi and George T. Calofonos
- Negotiating co-existence: communities, cultures and convivencia in Byzantine society / Barbara Crostini, Sergio La Porta (eds.).
- Gold coin and small change: monetary circulation in fifth-seventh century Byzantine Palestine / Gabriela I. Bijovsky.
- The Islamic-Byzantine frontier: interaction and exchange among Muslim and Christian communities / A. Asa Eger.
Hebrew and other Semitic languages
- A Coptic handbook of ritual power / M. Choat; I. Gardner.
- Erets-Yiśraʼel bi-meḳorot ʻArviyim mi-yeme ha-benayim, 634-1517 : asupat targumim / tirgem me-ʻArvit ṿe-hosif mavo ṿe-heʻarot, Uri Ṭal.
- Judeo-Arabic literature in Tunisia, 1850-1950 / Yosef Tobi and Tsivia Tobi
- Jewish Spain: a Mediterranean memory / Tabea Alexa Linhard.
- A legacy of learning: essays in honor of Jacob Neusner / edited by Alan J. Avery-Peck, Bruce Chilton, William Scott Green, and Gary G. Porton.
- Zodiac calendars in the Dead Sea scrolls and their reception: ancient astronomy and astrology in early Judaism / by Helen R. Jacobus.
- Migrating tales: the Talmud’s narratives and their historical context / Richard Kalmin
- Imagining the other and constructing Israelite identity in the early Second Temple period / edited by Ehud Ben Zvi and Diana V. Edelman.
Modern Israeli and Palestinian Studies
- The politics of loss and trauma in contemporary Israeli cinema / Raz Yosef
- Poetic trespass: writing between Hebrew and Arabic in Israel/Palestine / Lital Levy.
- Israel-Palestine in the news media: contending discourses / Luke Peterson.
- An ideological death: suicide in Israeli literature / Rachel S. Harris.
- An unpromising land: Jewish migration to Palestine in the early twentieth century / Gur Alroey.
- In Ramallah, running / Guy Mannes-Abbott ; [introduction, Jean Fisher ; editors, Guy Mannes-Abbott and Samar Martha ; contributors, Jananne al-Ani … et al. ; co-producers, ArtSchool Palestine, Sharjah Art Foundation].
- Civil-military relations in Israel: essays in honor of Stuart A. Cohen / edited by Elisheva Rosman-Stollman and Aharon Kampinsky.
- The woman from Tantoura / Radwa Ashour ; translated by Kay Heikkinen.
- Yitzhak Rabin: a political biography / by Leslie Derfler.
Akkadian (spoken)Akkadian grammarAkkadian languageancient historyancient near eastern languagesAncient Near Eastern literatureAncient Near eastern religionanimal sacrificeAphroditeArab-Israeli conflictArabic fiction (translations into English)Arabic literatureArabic poetry (modern(archaeologyArmed forces (Israel)Assyro-Babylonian religionAstarteAstrology (Assyro-Babylonian)astronomy (Jewish)Biblical LiteratureBiblical studiesbiographyByzantine EmpireByzantine literatureCanaanChildrenChristian literatureChristianitycivil-military relations (Israel)coins (Byzantine)collective memorycomparative religious studiesCongressesCoptic languagecultural historycuneiform studiescuneiform textsDead Sea Scrollsdreams in literatureEanna Temple (Erech)economic historyemigration (Jewish)English fiction (translations from Arabic)ErechEthnicityethnoarchaeologyEurope (emigration) history (20th century)film industry (Israeli)Gilgamesh (adaptions)goddesseshagiography (Christian)Hebrew literatureHebrew literature (ancient)herder cultureHistorical Geographyhistory (20th century)history of medicineHittite languageHittitesidentity (Israeli)identity (Jewish)identity (Palestinian Arab)Iraq (antiquities)IshtarIslamIslamic EmpireIsraelIsraeli literatureJewish calendarJewish diaspora (Eastern Europe)Jewish diaspora (Spain)Jewish diaspora (Tunisia)JudaismJudaism (ancient)Judeo-Arabicland settlement patterns (ancient)Late Antiquityliterature (Judeo-Arabic)livestock managementmagic (Assyro-Babylonian)magic (Egypt)manuscripts (Coptic)medicine (Assyro-Babylonian)medieval historyMiddle East (antiquities)Modern HebrewMulticulturalismMultilingualismnationalismnews medianumismaticsOud musicPalestinePalestine (immigration)Palestine (in art)Palestine (in literature)Palestine (medieval)Palestinian ArabsPhoenician religiopolitical historypolitics (Israeli)Politics and culturepublic opinion (Great Britain)public opinion (United States)rabbinic literatureRabbinical literatureRadwá ĀshūrRam Allah (in art)Ram Allah (in literature)religion and politicsrites and ceremoniesSargon (King of Agade)Second Temple JudaismSephardimsocial historySound recordingssuicide in literatureTalmudTalmudic periodtemples (Iraq)travellers’ writing (Arabic)Turkey (antiquities)war films (Israeli)war in literatureYitzhak Rabin (1922-1995)Zionism in literature