Anthropology and Sociology – July 2013
- What kinship is — and is not / Marshall Sahlins.
- The sources of social power. Volume 4, Globalizations, 1945-2011 / Michael Mann. (New edition)
- What matters? : ethnographies of value in a not so secular age / edited by Courtney Bender and Ann Taves.
- Sociology and anthropology in twentieth-century China : between universalism and indigenism / edited by Arif Dirlik, with Guannan Li and Hsiao-pei Yen.
- Marriage and mandatory abortion among the 17th-century Siraya / John Robert Shepherd.
- Violence against an ethnic minority in Malaysia : Kampung Medan, 2001 / S. Nagarajan, K. Arumugam ; edited by Kua Kia Soong.
- 근대 의 가족, 근대 의 결혼 : 가족 과 결혼 으로 본 근대 한국 의 풍경 / 김 경일 지음 (Marriage and families in Korea)
- 서울 사람들 의 죽음, 그리고 삶 / 집필 송 현동( Funeral rites and ceremonies in South Korea.)
- Race, color, identity: rethinking discourses about “Jews” in the Twenty-First Century / edited by Efraim Sicher.
- Beyond the golden fleece : a cultural history of the Jews of Georgia.
- Everyday Arab identity : the daily reproduction of the Arab world / Christopher Phillips.
- The Seljuqs : politics, society and culture / ed. by Christian Lange and Songül Mecit.
- Afghan rumour bazaar : secret sub-cultures, hidden worlds and the everyday life of the absurd / Nushin Arbabzadah.
- Queer Singapore : illiberal citizenship and mediated cultures / ed. by Audrey Yue and Jun Zubillaga-Pow.
- Spectacles of blood : a study of masculinity and violence in postcolonial films / edited by Swaralipi Nandi and Esha Chatterjee.
- Race, class, and gender in medieval cinema / edited by Lynn T. Ramey and Tison Pugh.
[Also available as an e-book via Dawsonera]
- Women on screen : understanding Korean society and women through films / editor Paul Tewkesbury contributors of film commentaries Lee Hwa-jin [et al.]
- Gender and language in Sub-Saharan Africa : tradition, stuggle and change / ed. by Lilian Lem Atanga … [et al.].
- Gender and timebound commandments in Judaism / Elizabeth Shanks Alexander
- Social and gender inequality in Oman : the power of religious and political tradition / Khalid M. Al-Azri.
- Gulf women / edited by Amira El-Azhary Sonbol.
- Sex and the citadel : intimate life in a changing Arab world / by Shereen El Feki.
- Queer activism in India : a story in the anthropology of ethics / Naisargi N. Dave.
- Pink globalization : Hello Kitty’s trek across the Pacific
- Degrees without freedom? : education, masculinities, and unemployment in north India / Craig Jeffrey, Patricia Jeffery, Roger Jeffery.
- Transgender 101 : a simple guide to a complex issue / Nicholas M. Teich ; foreword by Jamison Green.
- Food and social media : you are what you tweet / Signe Rousseau.
- Food security in Asia / Amitava Mukherjee.
- Rites of return : diaspora poetics and the politics of memory / edited by Marianne Hirsch and Nancy K. Miller.
- An atlas of trafficking in Southeast Asia : the illegal trade in arms, drugs, people, counterfeit goods and natural resources in mainland Southeast Asia / Pierre-Arnaud Chouvy (ed.).
- Operation Manik Farm / Dilshy Banu (Internal migration in Sri Lanka)
- Kurdish life in contemporary Turkey : migration, gender and ethnic identity / Anna Grabolle-Çeliker.
- Impossible citizens : Dubai’s Indian diaspora / Neha Vora.
- Migrant labor in the Persian Gulf / Mehran Kamrava and Zahra Babar, editors.