Middle East, Central Asia and Islamica – December 2012
- Languages of love and hate : conflict, communication, and identity in the medieval Mediterranean / edited by Sarah Lambert and Helen Nicholson.
- The Egyptian health care system : structures and reform / by Björn Bentlage.
- The Islamic utopia : the illusion of reform in Saudi Arabia / Andrew Hammond.
- The finish : the killing of Osama Bin Laden / Mark Bowden.
- Arab media : globalization and emerging media industries / Noha Mellor … [et. al.]
- Nationalisms and politics in Turkey : political Islam, Kemalism, and the Kurdish issue / edited by Marlies Casier and Joost Jongerden.
- Turkish foreign policy, 1919-2006 : facts and analyses with documents / edited by Baskın Oran with contributions by Atay Akdevelioğlu… [et al.] translated by Mustafa Aksin.
- Turkish metal: music, meaning, and morality in a Muslim society / Pierre Hecker.
- Balat’tan Bat-Yam’a. English; From Balat to Bat Yam : memoirs of a Turkish Jew / Eli Shaul edited by Rıfat N. Bali translated from Turkish by Michael McGaha.
- The Alexander romance in Persia and the East / edited by Richard Stoneman, Kyle Erickson, Ian Netton.
- The poetical works of Beha-ed-din Zoheir of Egypt : with a metrical English translation, notes and introduction / edited by E.H. Palmer.
- Loud sounds from the Holy Land : short fiction by Palestinian women / ed. and transl. by Jamal Assadi with assistance from Martha Moody.
- Traces of a tattoo : a novel / Adel Bishtawi translated by Mohamed Khaled Bishtawi.
- Egyptian colloquial poetry in the modern Arabic canon : new readings of shi’r al-‘Ammiyya / Noha M. Radwan.
- New voices of Arabia: the poetry : an anthology from Saudi Arabia / ed. by Saad Al-Bazei.
- Zīb al-lughāt : farhang-i Urdū – Fārsī / taʼlīf-i, Zīb al-Nisāʼ ʻAlīkhān (Sulṭānʻalī) va ʻAlī Bayāt.;زيب اللغات ، فرهن̂ اردو – فارسى / تأليف, زيب النساء علىخان (سلطانعلى) و على بيات.
- The world of Persian literary humanism / Hamid Dabashi.
- Edebiyât : papers from the seminar on Fasahat and Balaghat in classical Persian literature held at the University of Cambridge, March 5-6 1999 / ed. by Julie Meisami and Michael Beard.
- Shahnama studies II : the reception of Firdausi’s Shahnama / edited by Charles Melville, Gabrielle van den Berg.
- Faces of love : Hafez and the poets of Shiraz / introduced and translated by Dick Davis.
- In the bazaar of love : the selected poetry of Amīr Khusrau / translated and introduced by Paul E. Losensky.
- Burying the beloved : marriage, realism, and reform in modern Iran / Amy Motlagh.
- Ürgüp : Küçük Asya Araştırmaları Merkezi arşivinden fotoğraflar / editör, Evangelia Balta = Prokopi : photographs from the archive of the Centre for Asia Minor Studies / edited by Evangelia Balta.
- From the Indian Ocean to the Mediterranean : the global trade networks of Armenian merchants from New Julfa / by Sebouh David Aslanian
- Horizons of the world : Festschrift for İsenbike Togan = Hudûdü’l-âlem : İsenbike Togan’a armağan / edited by/editörler İlker Evrim Binbaş, Nurten Kılıç-Schubel
- Four types of loyalty in early modern central Asia : the Tūqāy-Timūrid takeover of greater Mā Warā al-Nahr, 1598-1605 / Thomas Welsford
- The Afghan solution : the inside story of Abdul Haq, the CIA and how Western hubris lost Afghanistan / Lucy Morgan Edwards
- Challenges of the Caspian resource boom: domestic elites and policy-making / edited by Andreas Heinrich, Research Centre for East European Studies, University of Bremen, Heiko Pleines, Research Centre for East European Studies, University of Bremen
- Saddi Iskandariĭ; Sedd-i İskender̂ı : inceleme, metin / Al̂ı Ş̂ır Nevâŷı [hazırlayan], Hatice Tören
- Nevadirü’ş-şebab / Ali Şir Nevayi hazırlayan Metin Karaörs
- The Sabdan Baatir codex : epic and the writing of northern Kirghiz history : edition, translation and interpretations, with a facsimile of the unique manuscript / by Daniel Prior