History – August 2012
- A search for sovereignty: law and geography in European empires, 1400-1900 / Lauren Benton
- Tidings from Zion: Helen Bentwich’s letters from Jerusalem, 1919-1931 / edited by
- Pacific worlds: a history of seas, peoples, and cultures / Matt K. Matsuda
- Victorian visions of global order: empire and international relations in nineteenth-century political thought / edited by Duncan Bell.
- The imperial security state: British colonial knowledge and empire-building in Asia / James Hevia.
- From the ruins of empire: the revolt against the West and the remaking of Asia / Pankaj Mishra
- Masters, servants, and magistrates in Britain and the Empire, 1562-1955 / edited by
Douglas Hay and Paul Craven.
- The sickle and the crescent: communists, Muslim league, and India’s partition /
Sunanda Sanyal & Soumya Basu
- A documentary history of modern Iraq / edited by Stacy E. Holden