Religion – January to August 2012
- Fieldwork in Religion [Equinox Journals]
Volume 1(2005) onwards.
- Sectarian conflict in Egypt : Coptic media, identity, and representation / Elizabeth Iskander.
- Contemporary theories of religion : a critical companion / edited by Michael Stausberg.
[Also available as an e-book via Dawsonera, Available to SOAS staff & students only]
- Miaphysite Christology : an Ethiopian perspective / by Mebratu Kiros Gebru.
- Approaching the Holy Mountain : art and liturgy at St. Catherine’s Monastery in the Sinai / edited by S.E.J Gerstel and R.S. Nelson
- Unlocking Tannisho : Shinran’s words on the Pure Land path / Takamori Kentetsu ; translated and adapted by Juliet Winters Carpenter.
- Die Briefe 42-58 des ostsyrischen Patriarchen Timotheos I / von Martin Heimgartner.
- Aphrahat’s demonstrations : a conversation with the Jews of Mesopotamia / by Eliyahu Lizorkin.
- Muslim women in Britain : de-mystifying the Muslimah / Sariya Contractor.
- Muslims in Britain : making social and political space / edited by Waqar I. U. Ahmad and Ziauddin Sardar.
- Chinese religions in contemporary societies / edited by James Miller.
- Casting faiths : imperialism and the transformation of religion in East and Southeast Asia / edited by Thomas David DuBois.
- Embracing the divine : passion and politics in the Christian Middle East / Akram Fouad Khater.
- Palestinian Christians in Israel : state attitudes towards non-Muslims in a Jewish state / Una McGahern.
- The martyred Church : a history of the Church of the East / by David Wilmshurst
- The impact of 9/11 on religion and philosophy / edited by Matthew J. Morgan ; with forewords by John L. Esposito and Jean Bethke Elshtain.
- Political theologies : public religions in a post-secular world / edited by Hent de Vries and Lawrence E. Sullivan.
- The Oxford handbook of the archaeology of ritual and religion / edited by Timothy Insoll.
- Writing Muslim identity / Geoffrey Nash.
- Citizens of a Christian nation : Evangelical missions and the problem of race in the nineteenth century / Derek Chang.
- An Islam of her own : reconsidering religion and secularism in women’s Islamic movements.
- The history of the Holy Mar Maʻin with a guide to the Persian martyr acts / Sebastian P. Brock.
- Languages and cultures of Eastern Christianity. Ethiopian / edited by Alessandro Bausi.
archaeologyBuddhismChinaChristian martyrsChristianityChurch and stateCoptic ChurchEast AsiaEastern ChurchEgyptEthiopiaEthnic IdentityEvangelical missionsFeminismGenderGreat BritainIslamJudaismMesopotamiaMount SinaiMuslimMuslim womenNestorian ChurchOrthodox ChristianityPalestinepolitical theologypoliticsPure Land Buddhismreligionreligion and statereligious identitySeptember 11 Terrorist Attacks - 2001Southeast AsiaSyriaTimotheus I Patriarch of the Church of the EastWomen