Anthropology and Sociology – December 2013 to July 2015
- Thinking with animals : new perspectives on anthropomorphism / edited by Lorraine Daston and Gregg Mitman.
Art & Artefacts
- Making and growing : anthropological studies of organisms and artefacts / by Elizabeth Hallam and Tim Ingold.
- Seeing transnationally : How Chinese migrants make their dreams come true / Li Minghuan.
- Taming Tibet : landscape transformation and the gift of Chinese development / Emily T. Yeh.
- The human economy : a citizen’s guide / edited by Keith Hart, Jean-Louis Laville and Antonio David Cattani.
Ethnicity & Race
- Critical race theory : the key writings that formed the movement / edited by Kimberlé Crenshaw … [et al.].
- Mixed race identities / by Peter Aspinall, Miri Song.
- ʼKwanim pa : the making of the Uduk people : an ethnographic study of survival in the Sudan-Ethiopian borderlands / by Wendy James.
- The urban ethnography reader / edited by Mitchell Duneier, Philip Kasinitz, and Alexandra K. Murphy.
- Violence : theory and ethnography / Pamela J. Stewart and Andrew Strathern.
Festivals & Dance
- Dance and the body politic in northern Greece / Jane K. Cowan.
- Dancing in the streets : a history of collective joy / Barbara Ehrenreich.
- Eating her curries and kway : a cultural history of food in Singapore / Nicole Tarulevicz.
- Foodscapes : towards a Deleuzian ethics of consumption / Rick Dolphijn.
- Palatable worlds : sociocultural food studies / Elisabeth L. Fürst [and others], eds.
Gender & Sexuality
- Framing the rape victim : gender and agency reconsidered / Carine M. Mardorossian.
- Gender equality norms in regional governance : transnational dynamics in Europe, South America and Southern Africa / edited by Anna van der Vleuten, Anouka van Eerdewijk and Conny Roggeband
- Irigaray : towards a sexuate philosophy / Rachel Jones.
- Masculinities in a global era / Joseph Gelfer, editor.
- Routledge handbook of sexuality studies in East Asia / edited by Mark McLelland and Vera Mackie. [e-book from Dawsonera]
- Cultural encounters between East and West, 1453-1699 / edited by Matthew Birchwood and Matthew Dimmock.
- Nations and identities : classic readings / edited by Vincent P. Pecora.
- Oral history off the record : toward an ethnography of practice / edited by Anna Sheftel and Stacey Zembrzycki ; foreword by Steven High ; afterword by Alessandro Portelli.
- Beyond methodological nationalism : social science research methods in transition / edited by Anna Amelina … [et al.].
- Strangers no more : immigration and the challenges of integration in North America and Western Europe / Richard Alba and Nancy Foner.
- Reimagining social movements : from collectives to individuals / edited by Antimo L. Farro, Henri Lustiger-Thaler.
- Ain’t I a woman : black women and feminism / Bell Hooks.
- Asian women and intimate work / edited by Ochiai Emiko, Aoyama Kaoru.
- Beauty secrets : women and the politics of appearance / Wendy Chapkis ; photos, Gon Buurman.
- Secrecy and silence in the research process : feminist reflections / edited by Róisín Ryan-Flood and Rosalind Gill.
- Women fielding danger : negotiating ethnographic identities in field research / edited by Martha K. Huggins and Marie-Louise Glebbeek.