History – May 2015
Comparative & thematic
- Sapiens: a brief history of humankind / Yuval Noah Harari.
- The transformation of the world: a global history of the nineteenth century / Jurgen Osterhammel. [also available as an e-book]
China & Tibet
- Fateful ties: a history of America’s preoccupation with China / Gordon H. Chang.
- Writing, publishing, and reading local gazetteers in imperial China, 1100-1700 / Joseph Dennis
- The open empire: a history of China to 1800 [2nd edition] / Valerie Hansen
Japan & Korea
Near & Middle East
- Gallipoli: the Turkish defence / Harvey Broadbent
- The fall of the Ottomans: the Great War in the Middle East / Eugene Rogan
- Italian perceptions of the Ottomans: conflict and politics through pontifical and Venetian sources / Mustafa Soykut
- The Georgian chronicles of Kʻartʻlis Cʻxovreba (A History of Georgia): translated and with commentary / Foreword by Roin Metreveli
- The Crusades: a history [3rd edition] / Jonathan Riley-Smith
book publishing (history)ChinaCrusadescultural historydocumentary sourceseconomic historyEgyptGallipoli Campaign (1915)gazetteersGeorgiaglobal historyhistoriographyhistory (19th century)history (20th century)history (multi-period)history and politicshumankindimperialismIndiaInternational RelationsIslamIslamic educationItalyJapanmedieval historymedieval history. documentary sourcesmilitary historynationalismOttoman Empirepolitical historypublic opinionRiver Nilesecularismslave-tradesocial historySudantrade and commerceTurkeyUnited Statesurban historyVenetian RepublicWorld War 1 (1914-1918)