History – September 2014
General and comparative
- A history of market performance: from ancient Babylonia to the modern world / [edited by] R.J. Van der Spek, Jan Luiten van Zanden, E.S. van Leeuwen.
- A global conceptual history of Asia, 1860-1940 / edited by Hagen Schulz-Forberg.
- Historians debate the rise of the West / Jonathan Daly.
- Berber government: the Kabyle polity in pre-colonial Algeria / Hugh Roberts.
- The politics of chieftaincy: authority and property in colonial Ghana, 1920-1950 / Naaborko Sackeyfio-Lenoch.
China and Tibet
Near and Middle East
- From Byzantine to Islamic Egypt: religion, identity and politics after the Arab conquest / Magad S.A. Mikhail.
- Alep et ses territoires: fabrique et politique d’une ville, 1868-2011/ Jean-Claude David.
- The Indian Army on the Western Front: India’s Expeditionary Force to France and Belgium in the First World War / George Morton-Jack.
- Astronomy in India, 1784-1876 / Joydeep Sen.
- The destruction of Hyderabad / by A.G. Noorani.
- Southeast Asia and the Vietnam War / Ang Cheng Guan. [also available in print]
- Thailand and the Southeast Asian networks of the Vietnamese revolution, 1885-1954 / Christopher Goscha [also available in print]
- The Meiji Restoration: monarchism, mass communication and conservative revolution / Alistair D. Swale. [also available in print]
- Japan’s first modern war: Army and society in the conflict with China, 1894-95 / Stewart Lone. [also available in print]
- Projections of power: the United States and Europe in colonial Southeast Asia, 1919-1941 / Anne L. Foster. [also available in print]
- Colonial crucible: empire in the making of the modern American state / edited by Alfred W. McCoy and Francisco A. Scarano. [also available in print]