History – August 2014
General and comparative
- The Oxford history of historical writing [Vol.2: 400-1400]/ Daniel Woolf, general editor.
- The Oxford handbook of the history of medicine / edited by Mark Jackson.
- An African in Paris / Bernard Binlin Dadié ; translated by Karen C. Hatch.
- Blue dahlia, black gold: a journey into Angola / Daniel Metcalfe
- Lost and found in Johannesburg, a memoir / Mark Gevisser.
- Good morning, Mr Mandela / by Zelda la Grange
- Libya: history and revolution / Richard A. Lobban, Jr. and Christopher H. Dalton ; foreword by General Carlton W. Fulford Jr., USMC (Ret.).
- Ireland, the United Nations and the Congo: a military and diplomatic history, 1960-1 / Michael Kennedy and Art Magennis.
- Bush war Rhodesia 1966-1980 / Peter Baxter.
China & Tibet
- Keeping the nation’s house: domestic management and the making of modern China / Helen M. Schneider.
- The devil soldier: the American soldier of fortune who became a god in China / Caleb Carr.
Near & Middle East
- The Armenian military in the Byzantine Empire: conflict and alliance under Justinian and Maurice / Armen Ayvazyan.
- Saladin / by Anne-Marie Eddé; translated by Jane-Marie Todd
- Edviye-i müfrede : metin-sözlük / İshak bin Murâd ; hazırlayanlar, Mustafa Canpolat, Zafer Önler.
- State, faith, and nation in Ottoman and post-Ottoman lands / Frederick F. Anscombe.
- Arabs and Islam in late antiquity: a critique of approaches to Arabic sources / Aziz Azmeh
- The emergence of British power in India, 1600-1784: a grand strategic interpretation / G.J. Bryant.
- Knowing India: colonial and modern constructions of the past: essays in honor of Thomas R. Trautmann / [edited by Cynthia Talbot].
- A history of Rajasthan / Rima Hooja.
- The Chulia in Penang: patronage and place-making around the Kapitan King Mosque 1786-1957 / Khoo Salma Nasution
- Of palm wine, women and war: the Mongolian naval expedition to Java in the 13th century / David Bade.
- The memoirs and memorials of Jacques de Coutre: security, trade and society in 16th- and 17th-century Southeast Asia / [Jacques de Coutre] ; edited with introduction by Peter Borschberg; translated by Roopanjali Roy.
- From the time of the crocs: the Danes in the mangroves 1860- / Flemming Winther Nielsen.
- The history of logging in North Borneo / Ross Ibbotson.
- History of Ilocos / Isabelo Florentino de los Reyes ; a translation into English by Maria Elinora Peralta-Imson.
- Filipino colonial history and legacy / edited by Ferdinand D. Dagmang.
- The living river: history of Colegio Del Buen Consejo (1909-2009) and Beaterio De Santa Rita De Pasic (1740-1896) / Luciano P. R. Santiago with sor Catalina de Jesus, OSA sor Jesus Sobrevinas, OSA CBC staff