History – June 2014
General & comparative
- Connecting histories of education: transnational and cross-cultural exchanges in (post-) colonial education / edited by Barnita Bagchi, Eckhardt Fuchs, and Kate Rousmaniere.
- Religion, language and community in the Roman Near East: Constantine to Muhammad / Fergus Millar.
China & Tibet
- The capital of the Yuan Dynasty / by Gaohua Chen.
- Lost colony: the untold story of China’s first great victory over the West / Tonio Andrade.
- A modern history of Japan: from Tokugawa times to the present [3rd edition] / Andrew Gordon, Harvard University.
Near & Middle East
- The battle for Syria 1918-1920 / John D. Grainger.
- East and West in the medieval eastern Mediterranean II. : Antioch from the Byzantine reconquest until the end of the Crusader Principality. Acta of the Congress held at Hernen Castle (the Netherlands) in May 2006. / edited by K. Ciggaar; V. van Aalst.
- Statebuilding and counterinsurgency in Oman: political, military and diplomatic relations at the end of empire / James Worrall
- Baghdad: city of peace, city of blood / Justin Marozzi.
- State, religion, and revolution in Iran, 1796 to the present / Behrooz Moazami.
- Şehrengiz, urban rituals and deviant Sufi mysticism in Ottoman Istanbul / by B. Deniz Çalış-Kural.
- Law and identity in colonial South Asia : Parsi legal culture, 1772-1947 / Mitra Sharafi, University of Wisconsin – Madison.