History – May 2014
General & Comparative
- A history of future cities / Daniel Brook.
- Empires in World War I: shifting frontiers and imperial dynamics in a global conflict / edited by Richard Fogarty and Andrew Jarboe.
China & Tibet
Near and Middle East
- The animal in Ottoman Egypt / Alan Mikhail.
- Sharia and the making of the modern Egyptian: Islamic law and custom in the courts of Ottoman Cairo / Reem A. Meshal
- History and causality / Mark Hewitson, Senior Lecturer in German History and Politics,Department of German, University College London.
- Logics of history: social theory and social transformation / William H. Sewell Jr.
- The venture of Islam: Conscience and history in a world civilization. Volume one, The classical age of Islam / Marshall G.S. Hodgson.
- Memory, history, forgetting / Paul Ricoeur ; translated by Kathleen Blamey and David Pellauer.
- Along the archival grain: epistemic anxieties and colonial commonsense / Ann Laura Stoler.