Religions – April 2014
Comparative & thematic
- God’s Chosen People: Judah Halevi’s ‘Kuzari’ and the Shīʻī Imām doctrine / Ehud Krinis ; translated by Ann Brener and Tamar Liza Cohen.
- Jews, Christians, and Muslims in medieval and early modern times: a festschrift in honor of Mark R. Cohen / edited by Arnold Franklin, Roxani Margariti, Marina Rustow, Uriel Simonsohn.
- Media portrayals of religion and the secular sacred: representation and change / by Kim Knott, Elizabeth Poole, Teemu Taira.
- The princess nun: Bunchi, Buddhist reform, and gender in early Edo Japan / Gina Cogan.
- The Princeton dictionary of Buddhism / Robert E. Buswell Jr. and Donald S. Lopez Jr
Christianity (Eastern and Western)
- A policy of hope: Kenneth Cragg and Islam / Christopher A. Lamb; introduction by Rowan Williams.
- Muslims of Latin Christendom, ca. 1050-1614 / Brian Catlos, University of Colorado at Boulder, University of California, Santa Cruz.
- Jinasena’s Ādipurāṇa : Sanskrit text with English translation and notes / English version by Shantilal Nagar
- Do Muslim women need saving? / Lila Abu-Lughod.
- Reason, freedom, & democracy in Islam : essential writings of ʻAbdolkarim Soroush / translated, edited, and with a critical introduction by Mahmoud Sadri, Ahmad Sadri.
- Muslim diaspora: gender, culture, and identity / edited by Haideh Moghissi.
- Women in the Qur’an, traditions, and interpretation / Barbara Freyer Stowasser
- Kant, religion, and politics / James DiCenso.