South Asia – January 2014
- Metallic modern: everyday machines in colonial Sri Lanka / Nira Wickramasinghe.
- The Tamils in India, Ceylon and Malaya / by R. Visvanathan P. J. K.
- Indian Ocean slavery in the age of abolition / edited by Robert Harms, Bernard K. Freamon and David W. Blight.
- Anglicanism and South India / by Leonard Hodgson.
- Breaking the bow : speculative fiction inspired by the Ramayana / edited by Anil Menon, Vandana Singh
- Crossing the Bay of Bengal : the furies of nature and the fortunes of migrants / Sunil S. Amrith.
- Masculinity and its challenges in India : essays on changing perceptions / edited by Rohit K. Dasgupta and K. Moti Gokulsing.
- Ethnic dances and music of Western Orissa : an anthropological study towards promoting eco-tourism / Bhagyalaxmi Mahapatra.
- Forgotten friends : monks, marriages, and memories of Northeast India / Indrani Chatterjee.
- The classics and colonial India / Phiroze Vasunia.
- Mirror of Tamil and Sanskrit / R. Nagaswamy.
- The sexual life of English : languages of caste and desire in colonial India / Shefali Chandra.
- Western Jews in India : from the fifteenth century to the present / edited by Kenneth X. Robbins and Marvin Tokayer.
- Cultural tourism in India : museums, monuments & arts : theory and practice / S.P. Gupta, Krishna Lal, Mahua Bhattacharyya.
- The strangler vine / Miranda Carter.
AbolitionismAnglicanismantiquitiesBay of BengalBrahmaputra River ValleyBritish IndiaBuddhismCalcuttacitizenshipCommerceCommunionEast India CompanyecotourismEnglish language – IndiaFashionFolk dancingGreek InfluencesHinduismImmigrantsIndiaIndian FictionIndian OceanIndustriesintellectual lifeIslamJews – IndiaKalahandiLanguage and sexMasculinityMenMigrationModernityMuseumsPiracyRamayanaRelationshipsSanskrit LiteratureSea JourneysSexual behaviourSlaverySocial changeSocial LifeSri LankaSufismTamil NaduTamils – MalaysiaTamils – Sri LankaTourismwomen and religion