UK Data Service External Training courses
Struggling with locating and utilising the data for your PhD? Stumped by missing values? Unbalanced by attempts to weight your data? Help is available.
On 6-7 March, UK Data Service are running two day-long workshops looking at secondary data analysis. They are charging £30 per UK student, £60 for UK Academic staff (including research centres), and ESRC researchers.
Day 1: Finding and evaluating data for your research, where the focus will be on:
- clarifying your research question
- understanding different data types
- using the UK Data Service Discover tool to locate data
- evaluating data for your research purposes
Day 2: Starting analysis of secondary survey data, where topics include:
- using exploratory data analysis to understand your data
- understanding missing values
- deriving variables
- linking files
- applying weights
There are many other training courses that may be of interest advertised on NCRM Training and Events page.