History – October 2013
- Cultural encounters during the Crusades / edited by Kurt Villads Jensen, Kirsi Salonen, Helle Vogt.
- Monarchy and modernity in Egypt: politics, Islam and neo-colonialism between the wars / James Whidden.
- The military collapse of China’s Ming Dynasty, 1618-44 / by Kenneth M. Swope.
- Not even my name: from a death march in Turkey to a new home in America, a young girl’s true story of genocide and survival / Thea Halo.
- History of modern India / Bipan Chandra.
- History of India, 1707-1857 / Lakshmi Subramanian.
- Pathways of empire: circulation, “public works”, and social space in colonial Orissa (c.1780-1914) / Ravi Ahuja.
- The writings of Bipan Chandra: the making of modern India: from Marx to Gandhi / with an introduction by Aditya Mukherjee.
- Lawrence in Arabia: war, deceit, imperial folly and the making of the modern Middle East / Scott Anderson.
- The tragedy of liberation: a history of the Chinese revolution, 1945-1957 / Frank Dikötter.
- Akbar and his age / edited by Iqtidar Alam Khan.
- The Oxford handbook of the Cold War / edited by Richard H. Immerman and Petra Goedde.
- Going to the sources : a guide to historical research and writing [5th edition] / Anthony Brundage. [also available as an e-book via ebrary]
- Populist collaborators: the Ilchinhoe and the Japanese colonization of Korea, 1896-1910 / Yumi Moon.
- Chinese encyclopaedias of new global knowledge (1870-1930): changing ways of thought / Milena Dolezelová-Velingerová, Rudolf G. Wagner, editors
- What remains: coming to terms with civil war in 19th century China / Tobie Meyer-Fong.
- Population, family and society in pre-modern Japan: collected papers of Akira Hayami / [foreword by Osamu Saitō ; introduction by Akira Hayami].
- Iran between Islamic nationalism and secularism: the Constitutional Revolution of 1906 / Vanessa Martin
- Propaganda: power and persuasion / David Welch.
- Warfare and poetry in the Middle East / Hugh Kennedy.
- Reading primary sources: the interpretation of texts from nineteenth- and twentieth-century history / edited by Miriam Dobson and Benjamin Ziemann.[e-book from Dawsonera]
- Research methods for history / edited by Simon Gunn and Lucy Faire. [e-book from ebrary]
- Global perspectives on global history: theories and approaches in a connected world / Dominic Sachsenmaier. [e-book from Dawsonera]
- Empire of difference: the Ottomans in comparative perspective / Karen Barkey. [e-book from Cambridge Books Online]
- Along the archival grain: epistemic anxieties and colonial common sense / Ann Laura Stoler. [e-book from ebrary]
- Black Athena writes back: Martin Bernal responds to his critics / Martin Bernal ; edited by David Chioni Moor [e-book from ebrary]
- The Persian Empire: a corpus of sources from the Achaemenid period. Volume 1 & 2 / edited by Amelie Kuhrt [e-book from ebrary]
- The soil [electronic resource] : a portrait of rural life in Meiji Japan / Nagatsuka Takashi ; translated and with an introduction by Ann Waswo. [e-book from ebrary]
- Warfare in Atlantic Africa, 1500-1800 / John K. Thornton [e-book from ebrary]
- Small happiness [videorecording] = 小喜 / produced and directed by Carma Hinton, Richard Gordon.
- To taste a hundred herbs [videorecording] = 百草 / produced and directed by Carma Hinton, Richard Gordon.
Achaemenid dynastyAfrica (West)Akbarancestor worshipancient historyArchivesbiographyBipan ChandraCambridge Books OnlineChinaCivil War (China)Cold Warcollective memorycolonial administratorsCongressescontemporary historyCrusadescrusades in filmcrusades in literaturecultural historydata processingDawsoneraDocumentary filmse-booksebraryeconomic historyEgyptEmigrationencyclopaedias (as historical resource)exhibitionsfamiliesFictiongenocideglobal historyglobalizationHebei Shenghistorical sourceshistoriographyhistory (16th century)history (17th century)history (18th century)history (19th century)history (20th century)history (medieval)Ilchinhoeimperialism (Dutch)imperialism (Japanese)imperialism (Persian)IndiaIndonesiainfrastructureIranIslamJapanKoreaLi Zicheng RebellionMao ZedongMeiji eramethodologyMiddle Eastmilitary historyMing dynastyMonarchyMughal Empirenationalism (Islamic)neo-colonialismOrissaOttoman Empirepolitical historyPontic GreeksPopulationpropaganda (20th century)propaganda (21st century)public worksQing DynastyRepublican ChinaResearchresearch methodsRural Conditionssecularismslave-tradesocial historyT.E. LawrenceTaiping RebellionTraditional MedicineTransportationTurkeywar in literatureWorld War 1