Religions – September 2013
- Sufism and society: arrangements of the mystical in the Muslim world, 1200-1800 / edited by John J. Curry and Erik S. Ohlander. [e-book from Dawsonera]
- Mahāyāna Buddhism: the doctrinal foundations / Paul Williams. [e-book from ebrary]
- Yoga traveling : bodily practice in transcultural perspective / Beatrix Hauser, editor. [e-book from Dawsonera]
- Zoroastrianism: an introduction / Jenny Rose. [e-book from ebrary]
- What the Buddha thought / Richard Gombrich. [e-book from ebrary]
- The tantric body: the secret tradition of Hindu religion / Gavin Flood. [e-book from ebrary]
- Yoga in the modern world: contemporary perspectives / edited by Mark Singleton and Jean Byrne. [e-book from ebrary]
- A history of Tonga / as recorded by John Thomas; editor Nigel Statham.
- The Bible in Arabic: the Scriptures of the “People of the Book” in the language of Islam / Sidney H. Griffith.
- Paideia and cult: Christian initiation in Theodore of Mopsuestia / Daniel L. Schwartz.
- Sin: the early history of an idea / Paula Fredriksen.
- The Anonymous sayings of the Desert Fathers: a select edition and complete English translation / edited and translated by John Wortley
- Zealot: the Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth / Reza Aslan
- From postmodernism to postsecularism: re-emerging Islamic civilization / by Eric Walberg.
- Abrahamic religions: on the uses and abuses of history / Aaron W. Hughes.
- Religion and the subtle body in Asia and the West: between mind and body / edited by Geoffrey Samuel and Jay Johnston.
[also available as an e-book from ebrary]
- Islam in the modern world / edited by Jeffrey T. Kenney and Ebrahim Moosa.
- Motherland lost: the Egyptian and Coptic quest for modernity / Samuel Tadros.
- Methods and contexts in the study of Muslim minorities: visible and invisible Muslims / edited by Nadia Jeldtoft and Jørgen S. Nielsen.
- Women in new religions in search of community, sexuality and spiritual power / Elizabeth Puttick ; foreword by Ursula King ; consultant editor, Jo Campling