Middle East, Central Asia and Islamica – April 2013
- Living in historic Cairo : past and present in an Islamic city / edited by Farhad Daftary, Elizabeth Fernea and Azim Nanji.
- The social dimension of Christian missions in the Middle East : historical studies of the 19th and 20th centuries / edited by Norbert Friedrich, Uwe Kaminsky, Roland Löffler.
- Visual productions of knowledge : toward a different Middle East / edited by Hanan Sabea, Mark R. Westmoreland contributors, Mona Abaza [and nine others]
- The power and the people : paths of resistance in the Middle East / Charles Tripp.
- Natural resource abundance, growth, and diversification in the Middle East and North Africa : the effects of natural resources and the role of policies / Ndiamé Diop, Daniela Marotta, and Jaime De Melo, editors.
- Infrastructure and employment creation in the Middle East and North Africa / Antonio Estache … [et al.].
- The Muslim Brotherhood in contemporary Egypt : democracy defined or confined? / Mariz Tadros.
- Unmaking north and south : cartographies of the Yemeni past, 1857-1934 / John M. Willis.
- Social and gender inequality in Oman : the power of religious and political tradition / Khalid M. Al-Azri.
- Gulf women / edited by Amira El-Azhary Sonbol.
- Migrant labor in the Persian Gulf / Mehran Kamrava and Zahra Babar, editors.
- Channels of resistance in Lebanon : liberation propaganda, Hezbollah and the media / Zahera Harb.
[Also available as an e-book via ebrary]
- Political economy of iraq : restoring balance in a post-conflict society.
- Autour des morts de guerre : Maghreb-Moyen-Orient / edited by Nadine Picaudou, Raphaëlle Branche, Pierre Vermeren.
- Sex and the citadel : intimate life in a changing Arab world / by Shereen El Feki.
- Women and slavery in the late Ottoman Empire : the design of difference / Madeline C. Zilfi.
- The Seljuqs : politics, society and culture / ed. by Christian Lange and Songül Mecit.
- Dakhmeh / Naveed Noori
- Iranian civilization and culture : before Islam and its impact on Islamic civilization and Arab literature / Mohammad Mohammadi-Malayeri translated by Shahrokh Mohammadi-Malayeri.
- The Cyrus cylinder : the great Persian edict from Babylon / edited by I.L. Finkel.
- Kurdish life in comtemporary Turkey : migration, gender and ethnic identity / Anna Grabolle-Çeliker.
- Je parle toutes les langues, mais en arabe / Abdelfattah Kilito.
- The top 1,300 words for understanding media Arabic / Elisabeth Kendall.
- Security Arabic / Mark Evans.
- The Iraqi Christ / by Hassan Blasim transl. by Jonathan Wright.
- Hādhā al-Andalusī. English;”A Muslim suicide / Bensalem Himmich translated from the Arabic by Roger Allen.”
- Wujūh al-bayḍāʼ. English;”White masks / by Elias Khoury translated by Maia Tabet.”
- Al-Samt wal-Sakhab. English;”The silence and the roar / Nihad Sirees translation from the Arabic by Max Weiss.”
- Tārīkh al-jaysh al-ʻArabī al-Sūrī / bi-ishrāf Musṭạfá Tạlās.;” تاريخ الجيش العربي السوري / بإشراف مصطفى طلاس.”
- Six vowels and twenty three consonants : an anthology of Persian poetry from Rudaki to Langrood / edited, translated and introduced by Ali Alizadeh & John Kinsella with a preface by Kenneth Avery.
- The Turks in Egypt and their cultural legacy : an analytical study of the Turkish printed patrimony in Egypt from the time of Muhammad ‘Ali with annotated bibliographies.