Religions – May 2013
- The logic of law-making in Islam: women and prayer in the legal tradition / Behnam Sadeghi.
- Receptacle of the sacred: illustrated manuscripts and the Buddhist book cult in South Asia / Jinah Kim.
- Not quite shamans: spirit worlds and political lives in northern Mongolia / Morten Axel Pedersen.
- Inquisition in early Islam: the competition for political and religious authority in the Abbasid empire / John P. Turner.
- An introduction to metaphilosophy / Søren Overgaard, Paul Gilbert, and Stephen Burwood.
- Animals and world religions / Lisa Kemmerer.
- Gorgias encyclopedic dictionary of the Syriac heritage / edited by Sebastian P. Brock …. [et al].
- Negotiating religion: perspectives from Indian history / edited by Rameshwar Prasad Bahuguna, Ranjeeta Dutta, Farhat Nasreen
- Ancient religions of the Austronesian world: from Australians to Taiwan / Julian Baldick
- Demystifying the Caliphate: historical memory and contemporary contexts / Madawi Al-Rasheed, Carool Kersten and Marat Shterin, editors.
Abbasidsancient religionanimals (ethical treatment)Animals (religious aspects)books (religious aspects)BuddhismChinese religionsChristianitycultural historyencylopediasHinduismillumination of books (Buddhist)India (history)India (religion)indigenous religionsIslamIslamic EmpireIslamic lawIslamic law (interpretation)Judaismlegal methodologymanuscripts (Buddhist)manuscripts (Sanskrit)MongoliaOttoman Caliphatephilosophyphilosophy (legal)politicspost-Communismprayer (in Islam)religion (Australasia)Religion (Oceania)religion (Pacific Area)religion (political aspects)religion and historyreligion and politicsreligious debaterites and ceremoniesrituals (Buddhist)Sanskrit languageShamanismSouth AsiaSyriac ChristiansSyrian ChurchUmmahwomen in Islam