Ancient Near East, Semitics and Judaica – April 2013
Ancient Near Eastern Civilizations
- The Cyrus cylinder: the great Persian edict from Babylon / edited by I.L. Finkel
- The archive of Mušēzib-Marduk, son of Kiribtu and descendant of Sîn-nāṣir : a landowner and property developer at Uruk in the seventh century BC / Grant Frame.
- Commerce and colonization in the Mediterranean Bronze Age / Maria Eugenia Aubet.
- The Philistines and other “sea peoples” in text and archaeology / edited by Ann E. Killebrew and Gunnar Lehmann.
Hebrew & Semitic languages
- Language and nature: papers presented to John Huehnergard on the occasion of this 60th birthday / edited by Rebecca Hasselbach and Na’ama Pat-El.
- Palimpsestic memory: the Holocaust and colonialism in French and francophone fiction and film / Max Silverman.
- Le Journal de Salonique: un périodique juif dans l’empire ottoman, 1895-1911 / Hélène Guillon.
- Visualizing and exhibiting Jewish space and history / edited by Richard I. Cohen.
- Visual Judaism in late antiquity: historical contexts of Jewish art / Lee I. Levine.
- Les Tunes: images et paroles de mémoire / Jean-Pierre Allali.
Modern Israeli / Palestinian Studies
- Ben-Gurion: a political life / Shimon Peres in conversation with David Landau.
- Menachem Begin: a life / Avi Shilon ; translated from the Hebrew by Danielle Zilberberg & Yoram Sharett.
- Civil imagination: a political ontology of photography / Ariella Azoulay ; translated by Louise Bethlehem.
- Radical Christianity in Palestine and Israel: liberation and theology in the Middle East / Samuel J. Kuruvilla.
- Life after Baghdad: memoirs of an Arab-Jew in Israel, 1950-2000 / Sasson Somekh ; translated by Tamar L. Cohen.