Anthropology and Sociology – January and February 2013
- Youth and globalization in Central Asia : everday life between religion, media, and international donors / Stefan Kirmse
- Immaterial bodies : affect, embodiment, mediation / Lisa Blackman.
- Asian popular culture : new, hybrid, and alternate media / edited by John A. Lent and Lorna Fitzsimmons.
- Highlife Saturday night : popular music and social change in urban Ghana / Nate Plageman.
- Poverty and exclusion of minorities in China and India /A.S. Bhalla and Dan Luo.
- Asian popular culture in transition / edited by Lorna Fitzsimmons and John A. Lent.
- Issues and perspectives in anthropology today / editors, R. Siva Prasad, Eswarappa Kasi.
- Myth of Japanese uniqueness / by Peter Dale.
- The Lahu minority in Southwest China : a response to ethnic marginalization on the frontier / Jianxiong Ma.
- Nucleation in Papua New Guinea cultures / Marvin K. Mayers and Daniel D. Rath, editors.
- The other side : ways of being and place in Vanuatu / John Patrick Taylor.
- Ethnographic presents : pioneering anthropologists in the Papua New Guinea Highlands / edited by Terence E. Hays.
- In the midst of life : affect and ideation in the world of the Tolai / A.L. Epstein.
- Émile Durkheim : a biography / by Marcel Fournier
- The Oxford handbook of food history / edited by Jeffrey M. Pilcher.
- Making tea, making Japan : cultural nationalism in practice / Kristin Surak
- Sherbet & spice : the complete story of Turkish sweets and desserts / Mary Işin.
- The real cost of cheap food / Michael Carolan
- Food security and global environmental change / edited by John Ingram, Polly Ericksen and Diana Liverman
- Climate change risks and food security in Bangladesh / Winston H. Yu … [et al.].
- Cooking from the heart : the Hmong kitchen in America / Sami Scripter and Sheng Yang
- Transgender China / edited by Howard Chiang
- Women from traditional Islamic educational institutions in Indonesia : negotiating public spaces / Eka Srimulyani.
- Empire, media, and the autonomous woman : a feminist critique of postcolonial thought / Esha Niyogi De.
- Women and gender in twentieth-century China /Paul J. Bailey.
- Palestinian literature and film in postcolonial feminist perspective / Anna Ball.
- Land of the unconquerable : the lives of contemporary Afghan women / edited by Jennifer Heath and Ashraf Zahedi
- Beyond exemplar tales : women’s biography in Chinese history / edited by Joan Judge and Hu Ying
- Mapping Arab women’s movements : a century of transformations from within / edited by Pernille Arenfeldt, Nawar Al-Hassan Golley.
- The Chinese diaspora in South-East Asia : the overseas Chinese in Indo-China / Tracy C. Barrett.
- Gujarati communities across the globe : memory, identity and continuity / edited by Sharmina Mawani and Anjoom Mukadam.
- Reading migration and culture in context : the world of East African Indian literature / Dan Ojwang.
- Weaving the social networks of women migrants in Sudan : the case of Gezira / Awatif Ala Elmaman Elageed.
- Migration, development and diplomacy : perspectives from the southern Mediterranean / edited by Ivan Ureta & Derek Lutterbeck.
- Korean diaspora and media in Australia : in search of identities / Gil-Soo Han.
- Muslims in Britain : an introduction / by Sophie Gilliat-Ray