Japan – February 2013
By Emma Wilson-Shaw|March 5, 2013|Japan|0 comments
- The periodical press in treaty-port Japan : conflicting reports from Yokohama, 1861-1870 / by Todd S. Munson.
- Shinran’s Kyōgyōshinshō : the collection of passages expounding the true teaching, living, faith, and realizing of the Pure Land / translated by Daisetz Teitarō Suzuki.
- Myth of Japanese uniqueness / by Peter Dale.
- Japan’s strategic challenges in a challenging regional environment / editors, Purnendra Jain, Lam Peng Er.
- Japan and reconciliation in post-war Asia : the Murayama statement and its implications / edited by Kazuhiko Togo.
- Sino-Japanese relations : rivals or partners in regional cooperation? / edited by Niklas Swanström & Ryosei Kokubun.
- Arbitraging Japan : dreams of capitalism at the end of finance / Hirokazu Miyazaki.
- Making tea, making Japan : cultural nationalism in practice / Kristin Surak
- Native-speakerism in Japan : intergroup dynamics in foreign language education / Edited by Stephanie A. Houghton and Damian J. Rivers.
- Commerce and culture at the 1910 Japan-British exhibition : centenary perspectives / edited by Ayako Hotta-Lister and Ian Nish.
- Management of service businesses in Japan / editors, Yasuhiro Monden … [et al.].
- Governing employees : a foucauldian analysis of deaths from overwork in Japan / Yoshio Shibata.
[Also available online]
- The Bunraku puppet theatre of Japan : honor, vengeance, and love in four plays of the 18th and 19th centuries / translated and annotated by Stanleigh H. Jones.
- Another stage : kanze nobumitsu and the late muromachi noh theatre r / Lim Beng Choo.
- In search of nature : the Japanese writer Tayama Katai (1872-1930) / by Kenneth G. Henshall.
- An imperial concubine’s tale : scandal, shipwreck, and salvation in seventeenth-century Japan / G.G. Rowley.
- Contemporary Japan : history, politics, and social change since the 1980s / Jeff Kingston.
- Contemporary Japan / Duncan McCargo.