History – December 2012
- Opium regimes: China, Britain, and Japan, 1839-1952 / edited by Timothy Brook and Bob Tadashi Wakabayashi. [Available from ebrary]
- The Alexander romance in Persia and the East / edited by Richard Stoneman, Kyle Erickson, Ian Netton.
- Violence and colonial order: police, workers and protest in the European colonial empires, 1918-1940 / Martin Thomas.
- The Cambridge companion to Deleuze / edited by Daniel Smith and Henry Somers-Hall
- The political philosophy of Muhammad Iqbal : Islam and nationalism in late colonial India / Iqbal Singh Sevea
- World War I in Africa: the forgotten conflict among the European powers / Anne Samson
- Chinatown: a portrait of a closed society / Gwen Kinkead.
- Eastern Asia: an introductory history / edited by Colin Mackerras (3rd edition)
- Mapping the Chinese and Islamic worlds: cross-cultural exchange in pre-modern Asia / Hyunhee Park.
- Patterns of empire: the British and American empires, 1688 to the present / Julian Go
AfricaAlexander the Great (in legend)Alexander the Great (in literature)AlgeriaArabic literatureBelgian CongoCartographyChinaChinatown (New York)Chinatown (social conditions)Chinese diaspora (history)colonial administrationcolonies (European)comparative historydrug traffic (history)e-booksEast Asia historyebraryForeign Relationsgeographical discoveriesGilles DeleuzeGreat Britainhistory (19th century)history (20th century)history (pre-modern)imperialism (American)imperialism (British)Imperialism (European)Imperialism (history)IndiaIslamIslam and the stateIslamic EmpireJamaicaJapanliterary criticismliterary historyMalayametaphysicsMorocconationalism (India)Nigeriaopium trade (history)Opium WarsPakistan MovementPersian literaturephilosophy (20th century)philosophy (French)political activism (Muslim)political persecutionpolitics (India)protest movementsSierra LeoneSino-Islamic contactsSir Muhammad IqbalSoutheast Asia (history)territorial expansiontrade linksTrinidadTunisiaWorld War I