History – December 2012
- Opium regimes: China, Britain, and Japan, 1839-1952 / edited by Timothy Brook and Bob Tadashi Wakabayashi. [Available from ebrary]
- The Alexander romance in Persia and the East / edited by Richard Stoneman, Kyle Erickson, Ian Netton.
- Violence and colonial order: police, workers and protest in the European colonial empires, 1918-1940 / Martin Thomas.
- The Cambridge companion to Deleuze / edited by Daniel Smith and Henry Somers-Hall
- The political philosophy of Muhammad Iqbal : Islam and nationalism in late colonial India / Iqbal Singh Sevea
- World War I in Africa: the forgotten conflict among the European powers / Anne Samson
- Chinatown: a portrait of a closed society / Gwen Kinkead.
- Eastern Asia: an introductory history / edited by Colin Mackerras (3rd edition)
- Mapping the Chinese and Islamic worlds: cross-cultural exchange in pre-modern Asia / Hyunhee Park.
- Patterns of empire: the British and American empires, 1688 to the present / Julian Go