Anthropology and Sociology – October and November 2012
Anthropology & Sociology
- The SAGE handbook of social anthropology / edited by Richard Fardon, Olivia Harris, Trevor H.J. Marchand, Mark Nuttall, Cris Shore, Veronica Strang and Richard A. Wilson.
- Fashioning Japanese subcultures / Yuniya Kawamura.
- Ancestors in Borneo societies : death, transformation, and social immortality / edited by Pascal Couderc and Kenneth Sillander.
- An approach to the cultural mapping of North-East India in respect of tribal tales / Pratibha Mandal.
- South Asian transnationalisms : cultural exchange in the twentieth century / edited by Babli Sinha.
- Caste in life : experiencing inequalities / edited by D. Shyam Babu, R. S. Khare.
- Songs of travel, stories of place : poetics of absence in an Eastern Indonesian society / by Timo Kaartinen.
- Changing contexts, shifting meanings : transformations of cultural traditions in Oceania / edited by Elfriede Hermann.
- Moving images : John Layard, fieldwork and photography on Malakula since 1914 / Haidy Geismar and Anita Herle ; with contributions by Kirk Huffman and John Layard.
- Ogata-mura : sowing dissent and reclaiming identity in a Japanese farming village / Donald C. Wood.
- Organizational ethnography : studying the complexities of everyday life / edited by Sierk Ybema [et al.].
- Applications of anthropology : professional anthropology in the twenty-first century / edited by Sarah Pink.
Migration & Diaspora
- China’s internal and international migration / edited by Li Peilin and Laurence Roulleau-Berger.
- Heritage, nationhood, and language : migrants with connections to Japan / edited by Neriko Musha Doerr.
- Politics, culture and the Lebanese diaspora / edited by Nathalie Nahas and Paul Tabar.
- Thailand’s hidden workforce : Burmese migrant women factory workers / Ruth Pearson & Kyoko Kusakabe.
- The family in flux in Southeast Asia : institution, ideology, practice / ed. by Yoko Hayami …
- Mother pious lady : making sense of everyday India / Santosh Desai.
- Bollywood weddings : dating, engagement, and marriage in Hindu America / Kavita Ramdya.
- The global grapevine : why rumors of terrorism, immigration, and trade matter / Gary Alan Fine, Bill Ellis.
- Song of Umm Dalaila : the story of the Sahrawis / Dakkuma Productions produced and directed by Danielle Smith. [DVD]
- Blind pig who wants to fly / een film van Edwin. [DVD]
Travel, Tourism, and Pilgrimage