Development Studies – September and October 2012
e-book and print
- Mining, the environment, and indigenous development conflicts / Saleem H. Ali.
- Treasures of the earth : need, greed, and a sustainable future / Saleem H. Ali.
- Migration and remittances during the global financial crisis and beyond / edited by Ibrahim Sirkeci, Jeffrey H. Cohen and Dilip Ratha.
- Politics from afar : transnational diasporas and networks / [edited by ] Terrence Lyons and Peter Mandaville.
- Rural social movements in Latin America : organizing for sustainable livelihoods / edited by Carmen Diana Deere and Frederick S. Royce.
- The war machine and global health : a critical medical anthropological examination of the human costs of armed conflict and the international violence industry / edited by Merrill Singer and G. Derrick Hodge.
- Handbook of research methods in migration / edited by Carlos Vargas-Silva.
- Post-conflict disarmament, demobilization and reintegration : bringing state-building back in / edited by Antonio Giustozzi.
- Climate change and migration : security and borders in a warming world / Gregory White.
- Ethics of spying : a reader for the intelligence professional. v. 2 / edited by Jan Goldman.
- Bali’s silent crisis : desire, tragedy, and transition / Jeff Lewis and Belinda Lewis.
- A world without agriculture: the structural transformation in historical perspective / C. Peter Timmer.
- Apart : alienated and engaged Muslims in the West / Justin Gest.
- Mercenaries, pirates, bandits and empires : private violence in historical context / edited by Alejandro Colás and Bryan Mabee.
- Subverting borders doing research on smuggling and small-scale trade Bettina Bruns ; Judith Miggelbrink (eds.).
- The Persian Gulf and Pacific Asia : from indifference to interdependence / Christopher Davidson.
- A theory of economic sanctions / Baran Han.