Religions – June 2012
- About religion: economies of faith in virtual culture / Mark C. Taylor
- Modern American popular religion: a critical assessment and annotated bibliography / Charles H. Lippy.
- Egypt 1350 BC – AD 1800: art historical and archaeological studies for Gawdat Gabra / Marianne Eaton-Krauss, Cäcilia Fluck, and Gertrude J.M. van Loon (eds.).
- Ideas of Man in the conceptions of the religions = Das Menschenbild in den Konzeptionen der Religionen / (edited by) Tarmo Kulmar, Rüdiger Schmitt
- Encounters with Islam: on religion, politics and modernity / Malise Ruthven
- Mind in the balance: meditation in science, Buddhism, and Christianity / B. Alan
- The history of the Holy Mar Maʻin with a guide to the Persian martyr acts / Sebastian P. Brock
- The Oxford handbook of the archaeology of ritual and religion / edited by Timothy Insoll.
- Introductions to Nietzsche / edited by Robert B. Pippin.
- The kingdom and the glory: for a theological genealogy of economy and government/ (Homo Sacer II, 2) Giorgio Agamben ; translated by Lorenzo Chiesa (with Matteo Mandarini)
- The sacrament of language: an archaeology of the oath (Homo sacer II, 3) / Giorgio Agamben ; translated [from the Italian] by Adam Kotsko.
- Jesus of Hollywood / Adele Reinhartz.
- Zen and the brain: toward an understanding of meditation and consciousness / James H. Austin.
- Il regno di Dio in terra: le fondazioni monastiche egiziane tra V e VII secolo / Mariachiara Giorda.
- Byzantine religious culture: studies in honor of Alice-Mary Talbot / edited by Denis Sullivan, Elizabeth Fisher, Stratis Papaioannou.
archaeologyBible (in films)Biblical characters (in films)BuddhismByzantine EmpireByzantiumceremoniesChristianitychurch historycinemaconcepts of evilconsciousness (physiological aspects)consciousness (religious aspects)cultural historycustomsdoctrine of the willEarly ChurchEgyptFilmsFriedrich Nietzschehistory of religionJesus Christ (in films)LanguagemanuscriptsmartyrologiesMartyrsmeditationMediterranean regionmonasticismmoralitynihilismOaths (religious)perspectivismphilosophypolitical sciencepower (philosophy)prehistoric religionreligionReligion and mediareligion and politicsreligion and popular culturereligious ordersrepresentationritesritualsocial historySyriac ChurchSyriac languageSyriac literatureSyriac textsZen Buddhism