Anthropology and Sociology – May 2012
- Anthropological practice : fieldwork and the ethnographic method. / Judith Okely
- From global poverty to global equality : a philosophical exploration / Pablo Gilabert.
- Connected, or, What it means to live in the network society / Steven Shaviro.
- The inside text : social, cultural and design perspectives on SMS / ed. by R. Harper, L. Palen and A. Taylor.
- The rise of anthropological theory : a history of theories of culture / Marvin Harris ; with an introduction by Maxine L. Margolis.
- Keeping the peace : lasting solutions to ethnic conflicts / Daniel L. Byman.
- The Cambridge world history of slavery. Volume 3, AD 1420-AD 1804 / edited David Eltis and Stanley L. Engerman
- The Routledge history of slavery / edited by Gad Heuman and Trevor Burnard.
- Symbolic interactionism : perspective and method / Herbert Blumer.
- How enemies are made : towards a theory of ethnic and religious conflicts / Günther Schlee.
- Social bodies / edited by Helen Lambert and Maryon McDonald.
- The sociology of the family : a reader / edited by Graham Allan.
- Roots of human sociality : culture, cognition and interaction / edited by N.J. Enfield and Stephen C. Levinson.
- Managing change in old age : the control of meaning in an institutional setting / Haim Hazan. [Israeli case studies]
- Development-induced displacement / edited by Chris de Wet.
- The migration-development nexus : a transnational perspective / edited by Thomas Faist, Margit Fauser, Peter Kivisto.
- The ingrained art of survival : the nexus between competence and migration as reflected in refugee biographies / Louis Henri Seukwa ; English translation from the German original by Catherine Schwerin.
- The kinning of foreigners : transnational adoption in a global perspective / Signe Howell.
- The international migration of health workers : ethics, rights and justice / edited by Rebecca Shah.
- Citizenship, belonging, and intergenerational relations in African migration / edited by Claudine Attias-Donfut … [et al.].
- Transnational Africa and globalization / edited by Mojúbàolú Olúfúnké Okome and Olufemi Vaughan.
- Labour migration and human trafficking in Southeast Asia : critical Perspectives / [edited by] Willem van Schendel, Lenore Lyons, Michele Ford.
- The cultural feast : an introduction to food and society / Carol A. Bryant … [et al.]. (2nd edition)
- Embodied food politics / by Michael S. Carolan.
- The rice crisis : markets, policies and food security / ed. by David Dawe.
- Eat, drink, and be merry (Luke 12:19) – food and wine in Byzantium : papers of the 37th annual Spring Symposium of Byzantine Studies, in honour of Professor A.A.M. Bryer / ed. by Leslie Brubaker
- Starting with food : culinary approaches to Ottoman history / edited by Amy Singer.
- Moveable feasts : from ancient Rome to the 21st century, the incredible journeys of the food we eat / Sarah Murray.
- Noshe Djan : Afghan food and cookery / by Helen Saberi ; with the help of Najiba Zaka and Shaima Breshna ; and drawings by Abdullah Breshna.
- Food crisis in Karnali : a historical and politico-economic perspective / Jagannath Adhikari.
- Trusting trade and the private sector for food security in Southeast Asia / by ASEAN Secretariat, The World Bank, Asian Development Bank, and Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
- Climate change, assets and food security in Southern African cities / edited by Bruce Frayne, Caroline Moser and Gina Ziervogel.
- The World Food Programme in global politics / Sandy Ross.
- Achieving food security in Pakistan : assessment of current situation and policy issues at national and regional levels / Abid Hussain.
- Re-imagining milk / Andrea S. Wiley. [Routledge Series for Creative Teaching and Learning in Anthropology]
- Honor killings in the twenty-first century / Nicole Pope.
- The Womanist reader / edited by Layli Phillips.
- Beyond combat : women and gender in the Vietnam War era / Heather Marie Stur.
- Power & paradox : authority, insecurity, and creativity in Fon gender relations / by Douglas J. Falen.
AfghanistanAfricaAnthropologyBeninCultureEthnic conflictEthnology - historyFeminismFieldworkFoodFood SecurityGenderGender identityHonour killingsInformation societyInternetIsraelKinshipMedical anthropologyMigrationMinority womenNepalOttoman EmpirePakistanRiceSlaverySoutheast AsiaSouthern AfricaTurkeyWomen