Anthropology and Sociology – April 2012
- Together : the rituals, pleasures and politics of co-operation / Richard Sennett.
- Differentiating development : beyond an anthropology of critique / edited by Soumhya Venkatesan and Thomas Yarrow.
- The state and the social : state formation in Botswana and its pre-colonial and colonial genealogies / Ørnulf Gulbrandsen.
- Ethnographic practice in the present / edited by Marit Melhuus [et al.].
- Serendipity in anthropological research : the nomadic turn / by Haim Hazan and Esther Hertzog.
- Living with Koryak traditions : playing with culture in Siberia / Alexander D. King.
- The challenge of epistemology : anthropological perspectives / edited by Christina Toren and João de Pina-Cabral.
- Singing saltwater country : journey to the songlines of Carpentaria / John Bradley.
- Culture wars : context, models and anthropologists’ accounts / edited by Deborah James, Evelyn Plaice and Christina Toren.
- What anthropologists do / Veronica Strang ; illustrations by Blue Powell.
- Talkin’ up to the white woman : aboriginal women and feminism / Aileen Moreton-Robinson.
- Mainstreaming sex : the sexualization of Western culture / edited by Feona Attwood.
- Durkheim’s ghosts : cultural logics and social things / Charles Lemert.
- The anthropology of alternative medicine / Anamaria Iosif Ross.
- Social bodies / edited by Helen Lambert and Maryon McDonald.
- Writing the dark side of travel / edited by Jonathan Skinner.
- Citizenship, belonging, and intergenerational relations in African migration / edited by Claudine Attias-Donfut … [et al.].
- Migrant smuggling : irregular migration from Asia and Africa to Europe / Anna Triandafyllidou, Thanos Maroukis.
- Rice and beans : a unique dish in a hundred places / edited by Richard Wilk, Livia Barbosa.
- Food policy : integrating health, environment and society / Tim Lang, David Barling, Martin Caraher.
- Fast food/slow food : the cultural economy of the global food system / edited by Richard Wilk.
- Chinese food / Liu Junru ; [translated from the original Chinese by William W. Wang].
- Chinese food and foodways in Southeast Asia and beyond / edited by Tan Chee-Beng.