Not ready to commit to a full postgrad degree? Try an Individual Professional Award
An Individual Professional Award (IPA) is the academic qualification you receive after the completion of one module. You can study up to three modules under the IPA qualification.
The modules you have access to as part of the IPA qualification are the same modules offered as part of our postgraduate certificates, diplomas and masters’ degrees. They are academically rigorous and have been designed to complement the skills you have gained in your professional career.
Why study only one module?
Choosing to study one module at a time is a great option for people who:
- want to upskill in a niche subject area only
- don’t have the time to commit to completing a full postgraduate degree, or
- don’t meet the academic entry requirements for postgraduate certificates, diplomas and masters’ degrees.
If you choose to continue on to more study after completing you IPA, you can keep upgrading your qualification. For example, you may start with one IPA and then complete the maximum of three, then decide to upgrade to a postgraduate certificate which requires the completion of a total of four modules.
You will be required to spend 10 – 15 hours per week reading study materials, completing assignments and participating in study forums.
All the study materials you require, including textbooks, will be posted to you or provided via our Moodle Virtual Learning Environment.
What modules are available?
- Banking and Capital Markets
- Biodiversity, Conservation and Development
- Climate Change and Development
- Gender and Social Inequality
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets
- Public Policy and Strategy
- Rural Development
Visit our websites to find out more about our Individuals Professional Awards and the available modules: